x
Beta Member

QSEHRA for health insurance coverage

I can't seem to get a hold of a real human through the support system so asking this here in hopes someone from Square can answer this. Are there any plans to add an insurance provider that handles setting up and managing a QSEHRA for employees? This the route I'm most likely going to go with to help my employees get insurance but would definitely prefer to keep everything managed through one platform vs having to find another provider just for insurance needs.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dsaxena_pdx 

I checked in with the team, and this is not a benefit option that we support at this time. I'm happy to pass along the feedback for you if you have any additional information to provide. 

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks!  Do you know if this is something that is planned for the future?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

At this time, we don’t have an update to provide for this. 

If anything changes we will let you know. @dsaxena_pdx

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

As a follow up to this question, I just spoke to a Square Payroll rep who was super helpful (think her name is LaToya) and she told me how I can do reimbursements as part of running payroll using these steps:

-----------

To reimburse an employee:

1. Log in to the Payroll section of your online Square Dashboard. Click Run Payroll or New Off-Cycle Payment.
  2. Enter employee hours and any additional pay > Continue.
  3. Click $0.00 under the Reimbursements column > Add One-Time Reimbursement > select or create a reimbursement. Add a description if needed > enter the amount > Save.
  4. After making all necessary adjustments, finish running payroll as usual. Reimbursements are not taxed and will be included with the rest of the employee’s pay.

-----------

So my question is -- what's the downside to this approach vs. setting up a QSEHRA through another provider (since Square doesn't offer QSEHRA?) 

Message 5 of 5