x
elaine_p Square

Quantity-Based Auto Apply Discounts Beta is live!

We are excited to announce that discounts based on the quantity purchased like Buy One Get One are available for Beta testing. When qualifying items are added to an order, your discounts will apply automatically. 

To join the beta, you will need to do two things: 

1. Make sure you have Square version 5.17 (settings > support > about) ( Use TestFlight and follow the instructions to download the beta app on iOS or Android
  2. Comment in this thread so we can turn on the feature for you. Once we message back that you’re good to go, you can create your discounts in your Square Dashboard. 
  • Coming soon to Square Register, Square Terminal, and Square for Retail. Auto apply discounts are not yet available for Virtual Terminal Itemized sales, Appointments, or Invoices. 

In the beta, you can create different types of quantity based discounts: 

• Exact Purchase Quantity
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity
  • Buy X Get Y

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 12.16.37 PM.pngSample BOGO Offer Setup

There is always some risk of discovering a problem in a beta program, so you may want to start small before rolling it out across your business. If you do encounter an issue, our recommendation is to fall back to the 5.16 production application and reach out via this thread so we can turn off the feature flag. Note that your quantity-based auto apply discounts will no longer apply. 

Update 7/18 - the minimum Square Point of Sale app version is available in the app store

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Pesso Super Seller

Re: Quantity-Based Auto Apply Discounts Beta is live!

Amazing! This is going to make a lot of sellers very happy!

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

Message 2 of 20
Sasha36

Perfect timing!  Definitely looking forward to this rolling out soon! thank you!

Message 3 of 20
WendyM

This is a much anticipated tool for my business! Count me in please!

Message 4 of 20
Diy

This sounds great,  does it also allow you to have the discounts auto apply only to specific customer groups?

Message 5 of 20
elaine_p Square

Not at this time. You're not alone in looking for this feature, and I'm tracking the requests. If you're up for talking about how you think about grouping customers, I'd love to hear more. 

Message 6 of 20
TomH

Hi, I'd love to try it out...can you please activate it for me?

Message 7 of 20
elaine_p Square

Done!

Message 8 of 20
Candlestore

I know this is a Beta and a great feature to add.  My question is I see at the bottom "only one discount applies"  for the full blown release cold this be eliminated or bypassed by a check box?  I have a candle shop, and our 16 oz jars are basically $12 or 2 for $20    .... 4 for $40 etc   but 5 would be 1 at $12 and 4 for $40.   plus since the candles do not have to be the same scent this could be an inventory nightmare if it did not track the scents in the transaction.  

Would this scenario be available for the full release?

Message 9 of 20
elaine_p Square

Hi @Candlestore! In your example, you can add all of the qualifying candles and scents to the discount (items behave as "or" - buy scent A, or B, or C to get the savings).

Our pricing engine will evaluate the cart and apply the best discount for the buyer; so in the case that someone adds 5 candles, the 4 for $40 should be the discount that applies assuming it is the best discount. 

To set this up, I would set an $8 discount (this will get me to the $40 price point  auto apply based on Quantity, set the quantity to 4, select all of my qualifying 16 oz scents, and then set a discount rule of Exact Quantity. Let me know if that's not what you're looking to do!

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 11.59.13 AM.png

Message 10 of 20