x
Alumni

Quantity-Based Auto Apply Discounts Beta is live!

We are excited to announce that discounts based on the quantity purchased like Buy One Get One are available for Beta testing. When qualifying items are added to an order, your discounts will apply automatically. 

To join the beta, you will need to do two things: 

1. Make sure you have Square version 5.17 (settings > support > about) ( Use TestFlight and follow the instructions to download the beta app on iOS or Android
  2. Comment in this thread so we can turn on the feature for you. Once we message back that you’re good to go, you can create your discounts in your Square Dashboard. 
  • Coming soon to Square Register, Square Terminal, and Square for Retail. Auto apply discounts are not yet available for Virtual Terminal Itemized sales, Appointments, or Invoices. 

In the beta, you can create different types of quantity based discounts: 

• Exact Purchase Quantity
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity
  • Buy X Get Y

Sample BOGO Offer SetupSample BOGO Offer Setup

There is always some risk of discovering a problem in a beta program, so you may want to start small before rolling it out across your business. If you do encounter an issue, our recommendation is to fall back to the 5.16 production application and reach out via this thread so we can turn off the feature flag. Note that your quantity-based auto apply discounts will no longer apply. 

Update 7/18 - the minimum Square Point of Sale app version is available in the app store

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Super Seller Alumni

Please activate for my account. Thanks!

Message 22 of 29
Square

Done!  Please let us know if you have any feedback!

Message 23 of 29
Beta Member

awesome. have been waiting for this for a while

Message 24 of 29
Super Seller

We would like to test this beta for quantity based discounts.

We have a buy 2 and a buy 3 discount would this be available for the same item?

We sell 16 oz candles   @ $13.99 each  2 for $22.00 and 3 for $30.00

Could we do this or would it confuse the system at say 6 16 oz Candles?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 25 of 29
Square

Yes - the system should apply the discount that is best for your customer.  So if you had 2 for $22 and 3 for $30, a customer would get the following discounts:

1 - full price

2 - $22

3 - $30

4  - Either $22 x 2 = $44 or $30 + 1 at full price, whichever is less

5 - $30 + $22 = $52

Message 26 of 29
Beta Member

Are you still accepting accounts for Beta testing on the Auto Apply discounts for online sales? I'm definitely interested!

Message 27 of 29
Beta Member

I love this feature as it allows us to better inventory some of our items by flavor.

I did notice though that quantity based discounts don't apply to invoices though. Is this going to be part of the feature enhancement?

Message 28 of 29
Super Seller

What a great feature! Do you think this will roll out to services as well?

I know different beauty pros will do buy a larger service and get a lash lift free, for ex.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 29 of 29