x

Quickbooks Alternative

Square is getting their hands into everything it looks like.  Today I got an email that said they do payroll now. That's great.  What about an alternative to Quickbooks? I currently use WaveApps.com for my accounting and bookkeeping software. It would be nice though if I could just do it all in Square. 

Right now what I do is track my invoices and non-invoiced sales with Wave apps, both cash, and charge.  I also track my expenses by entering the bills I have and when I paid them.  Then I print out P/L statements and other required forms for my accountant. 

Does Square have anything on the books that will be developed for these things?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Welcome to the community, @HuskyLogic!

We've partnered with a variety of services that can help with accounting and invoicing. For a closer look at what's available, head over to your App Marketplace tab and sign in.

We also released a new point of sale app, Square for Retail, that might have all the features you're looking for. Learn more in Spencer's post: Introducing Square for Retail.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction — please let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I'd like to see Square integrate with Wave accounting. https://www.waveapps.com

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@KateHM Thanks for voicing your request for this integration. 

I don't have any news on this, but there's a great existing thread where sellers voice which apps they want to see in the future. Check it out here:

What apps do do you need?

If anything changes with the Wave app, we'll announce it and list it in the app marketplace 👍🏼

Message 4 of 6

Have you looked into Xero - online accounting alternative to QuickBooks. I doubt Square will want to take on all the functions of a full-service accounting software as its a pretty robust feature list to stay compliant. 

Message 5 of 6

Hello, I am starting a business and signed up for Square.  I have been researching accounting software and found that WaveApp might work for what I need.  I have seen other users here on square stating the same.  

It appears that square has partnered with some accounting software apps, but I have read that there are a lot of Wave App users.  

I agree with Husky and KateHM - I too would love to see Square integrate WaeApp accounting to make things easier.

@KateHM 

@HuskyLogic 

Message 6 of 6