x

Quickbooks or square

So my question is this? 

Right now I am using both my square, as well as quickbooks! As far as the options I get from my quickbooks is actually okay. Their customer service isn't worth a flip. Out of the two on your own personal opinion, which one would you keep and why!  I'm just looking for opinions of others before I make a choice of which one to cancel!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hey @billymathis0122 

I've used Quickbooks Online and Desktop in the past, maybe 4 years ago +/-.  Simply for accounting purposes only. I am not sure what they offer now.  Maybe bill pay, invoicing etc?

To speak on my use of Quickbooks for accounting, it was a decently hefty monthly fee when I first started out.  Sure it integrated nicely with many things, but when I was around $600 or so per year just for the software on top of an additional 4-500 for my accountant it was time to switch. 

What is that you use Square for and what is it that you use Quickbooks for?

(ie. Invoice, POS, Accounting, Payroll) 

I may not have any direct up to date info on Quickbooks, but I'll offer my .02 all day long 🙂

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Hello, in my particular case I use both Square and Quickbooks (desktop for Macs). Both do very different things for my business, so it depends on how you use Square right now for your business. I have a Square Register and Online site for my business sales. I use the reporting feature for daily sales and tax information and manually input daily sales receipts into Quickbooks; this keeps track of Sales (income). I also use Quickbooks to record all of my bills for running my business (expenses). Quickbooks also generates year-end reports like Profit and Loss and a Chart of Accounts that I hand over to my tax accountant each year for business tax reporting.

Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Desktop are two different products and depending on your computer, specific needs, and requirements for your accountant you may be more comfortable with different versions. The Online version seems more user friendly but it lacks some advanced features for accountants; it also requires a subscription fee where as the Desktop version is a flat free that is higher, but is not a re occurring charge each month.

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3