x

How do I redeem the $10 for the free magstripe reader?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to apply my coupon for $10]

When I purchased my square at target it said that I get $10 back! Can you help with that 

Message 1 of 56
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Garrettreta!

When you purchased your reader, there was a white Quick Start Guide inside the packaging of the reader.
The redemption code should be printed on the inside. 

You can enter that redemption code here, and we’ll send $10 to your linked bank account.

Please get in touch with us by phone or email if you experience any difficulties with this process.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

I purchase a Square card reader on the box  said that I would receive a $10 discount if I sign up where do I put the redeem code?

Message 2 of 56
Admin

Hey @bongorock, thanks for surfacing! You can put in the redemption code at squareup.com/redeem.

Find more information on this here. Hope this helps and if you have any more questions, feel free to let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 56

I have purchased a Square at a local print shop; there is not a redemption code inside the box.  Is this because I did not purchase it at a approved partner retail location? 

Message 4 of 56
Square Community Moderator

Redemption codes should be included in the packaging of the Square Reader you purchased, but only if it was purchased from an authorized retail partner. 

Unfortunately you cannot apply this credit without the redemption code. 

Message 5 of 56

I purchased my square reader at Walgreens , and when trying to enter the code, it is not taking it what do I do to redeem my $10 

Message 6 of 56
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Victory!

Is this your first reader with us? We're really sorry the code isn't working. 

I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team directly to help you get reimbursed if it is. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 56

How long does it take to get to $10 rebate?

Message 8 of 56
Alumni

Hi @jonibrown239 - welcome to Square!

If you purchase the Magstripe reader from a retail store for $10, you can enter the redemption code online and we'll credit your account $10 right away. Once your account has been credited, the funds will be deposited following your selected deposit method (most sellers sellers see funds deposited in 1-2 business days). 

Let me know if you need anything else while you get started with Square. 

Message 9 of 56

Russell, I entered my redemption code but my account was not credited. I set up my Square account prior to purchasing the magstripe reader. How can I correct this? Thank you.

Message 10 of 56

Hello @johnspalletcraf! I'm sorry that your having trouble with the redemption code for your reader. I recommend hanging onto the code and contacting our Customer Success Team. They will be able to manually apply the credit to your account. 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

Message 11 of 56

I didn’t get the $10 credit after I redeemed the code online 

Message 12 of 56

Hey @Jade69 I recommend reaching out to our Customer Success Team

They can credit your account the $10 dollars. 

Message 13 of 56

I did everything I was supposed to with the code and sign up but the money isn’t in my act my bank acct was approved  but I don’t see the 10$ rebate 

Message 14 of 56

I put in the redemption code however I don’t see the $10 in the account, does anyone else have this problem?

Message 15 of 56

That is not what was promised on the box I purchased. 
"10$ Back; Sign up and get $10 deposited into your bank account"
"To get your $10, visit square.com/redeem and enter the code below to sign up. Already signed up? Just sign in for your 10$ redemption."

As quoted on the actual box.

There is NOTHING on the box saying that "$10 is redeemed as free processing so once you start accepting payments, the first $10 you accrue in processing fees will be covered by us." That is absolute bull-honkey. 

Message 16 of 56
Alumni

Hi @Mussette_P - After looking into this further, you are correct and I have merged your post with a thread containing the correct information. Apologies for the confusion.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 17 of 56

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I bought a magnetic reader today and entered the code but Im not seeing a credit to my acct?" The author has been notified via email.

Does it typiaclly take a couple days to post the credit or am I just not looking in the right spot?

Message 18 of 56

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I get a free magstripe card reader?" The author has been notified via email.

how long does it take before you get the $10 refund.   I put in my redemption code but nothing showed up to confirm.

Message 19 of 56

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Re: 10$ back for signing up." The author has been notified via email.

The link only sends to to your square account. I've also entered my redemption code number and all it does it log me into my square account. 

So once again, how do we get our $10 for signing up for Square.com ??

Message 20 of 56

did you ever get your refund?

Message 21 of 56