x

Reader never received after 2 months with no tracking number but dashboard says it was shipped

I ordered a new Reader twice and have never received it. First time was 2 months ago and after 2 months with no tracking number why does the dashboard indicate it was shipped? I ordered the first in October, and again the second week of December. Neither have tracking #'s and I have not received either in the standard mail.

Anyone else out there with this or is this an inigma?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Magnetic Stripe readers should arrive within 10 days, so if it doesn't arrive within that time frame, most likely it was lost in transit. 

We don't provide tracking information since we can only track the magnetic strip readers up to the delivery of your local post office. 

You can try ordering another, however I'm worried it might not reach you again.

Double check your shipping address and order another Square Reader from your Square Dashboard, but it might be best at this point to visit a local retail location and pick one up. The readers are $10.00 in store but we'll reimburse you the amount you spend. 

Check out local retail locations here.

Message 2 of 5

Mines been lost in transit 3 times now.  Unacceptable.  Any other thing I have ordered has been delivered without issue (and I mean anything).  And please do not tell me to go buy it from a retailer....if your company is not going to send it, don't offer it.

Message 3 of 5

I received mine on the third try. After I went and purchased one out of lack of confidence. But again, I did receive it on the third try and involving a couple of Square Employees who followed up with me via email.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @orionsgirl33 and @Joseph71 — sorry to hear about your experience with this. If you're still encountering any trouble with your reader order, please let our Support Team know. They'll have a closer look at your account and advise on next steps.

Also, @Joseph71, were you able to get the $10 reimbursement taken care of since you purchased it? If not, here's how claim the redemption code.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5