x

Reader not connecting

So yesterday after, after using my reader a few hours before, it's just decided to stop working. Saying it can't connected due to a rooted device. My husband explained that and I assure you, I've downloaded nothing new!!! So frustrating and embarrassing for the customer who arrived to pay by card. 

I've done the red light reset numerous time, restarted my phone. 

I'm really disappointed!!!! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @katewandevanh,

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your Square reader working on your phone!

What make and model phone are you currently using? Are you able to check and let me know if your phone model is listed as compatible with Square on our device compatibility web page?

If the device is one we list as compatible our support team may be able to help further with this!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

It's an oppo Reno, I think it's a z? 

I'm just so disappointed as support seem to think it's no longer supported. I've only had this phone since the start of the year 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@katewandevanh unfortunately it looks there are no Oppo Reno models listed as compatible with Square.

Devices we don't test with for compatibility may incidentally work upon meeting certain Android operating conditions (which seems to be what has happened here), however because we don't test them for compatibility, we can't guarantee that they will work on an ongoing basis. Our mobile security team are constantly refining our software in order to maintain strict security standards on our platform.

I understand this is frustrating, however we are required to update our software from time to time to ensure it’s secure for our sellers, and your customers. You can refer to the compatibility list for devices that we test on and ensure will work as we update and refine security firmware.

In the meantime, you may be able to use your device to accept credit cards by manually entering information, sending your customers an invoice or taking payments directly on your computer using Virtual Terminal. Keep in mind the fee for manually keyed transactions is 2.2%.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Really frustrated by this! It works, then it doesn't, then it does again. 
It's really not good enough to just change when you feel like it without any warning. 
Worked yesterday, but not today again

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @katewandevanh,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with your reader!

So I can understand the issue a little better, are you still using an Oppo mobile when trying to take payments? Are you seeing any specific error messages on screen when the reader isn't connecting?

Let me know and I'll see if I can pinpoint where the issue might be here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6