x

Receipt / No Receipt Prompt

Hi everyone

Does square currently have the capacity to prompt and then not produce a reciept? We waste so much paper when the customer doesn't want one.

Thanks

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @OurCoffeeHouse,

You can absolutely do this!

1. From the main menu, go to "Settings"

2. Select "Printers"

3. Click on the printer station in use

4. Scroll down to the option "Automatically Print Receipts" and switch it off

5. Press "Save"

Now when you go to the receipt screen there should be a "Print Receipt" button that you can press to print a receipt, rather than a receipt being automatically printed very time 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @OurCoffeeHouse,

You can absolutely do this!

1. From the main menu, go to "Settings"

2. Select "Printers"

3. Click on the printer station in use

4. Scroll down to the option "Automatically Print Receipts" and switch it off

5. Press "Save"

Now when you go to the receipt screen there should be a "Print Receipt" button that you can press to print a receipt, rather than a receipt being automatically printed very time 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 25

We have a restaurant and bar and some of our regular customers come in after work for a beer or 2, toss a few bucks at us and don't want to wait around for a receipt. Right now we are wasting a lot of receipt paper. Is there a way to set Cash tickets to either not print or provide an option for receipt?

Message 3 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @ShawnaBurghart

Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, there is an option to turn off "Auto-Printing" for your receipts. This will allow those Cash Payments to skip the receipt and save you some paper. 

I moved your post to the thread with instructions on how to do this in the Printer Settings within your Point of Sale app. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 25
Admin

Hey @jerirbyrd57832,

Do the instructions I posted earlier on turning off automatic receipts help here? I raised them to the top of this thread to make them a little more discoverable 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 25

Yes, the instructions you posted earlier on turning off automatic receipts can also be helpful in reducing paper waste if you do not want to prompt customers for a receipt. By disabling automatic receipts, you can avoid printing or emailing a receipt for every transaction, and instead only provide one if the customer requests it.

To disable automatic receipts, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Square account on a web browser.
  2. Click on the "Settings" tab.
  3. Scroll down to the "Receipts" section and click "Receipt Options".
  4. Toggle off the "Automatically send receipts" option.
  5. Save your changes.

Once this option is turned off, receipts will no longer be automatically sent to customers. If a customer requests a receipt, you can manually print or email one using the Square Point of Sale app or the Square Dashboard.

Message 6 of 25

Thanks for such valuable discussion.

Message 7 of 25

Good discussion and answer. Valuable for me also. 

Message 8 of 25

such a nice discussion . Thanks for everyone because i got my solution .  Problem resolved .

Message 9 of 25

Great Post.

Message 10 of 25

6 Ways To Make Your Business More Visible in The Festive Season If we’re being honest, we’d rather not acknowledge it: Christmas is upon us, and that means one thing for business owners: increased earnings. Many businesses have this in mind during the holiday shopping season when customers’ wallets are more open than usual. In such a competitive environment, how can you ensure that your company stands out from the crowd when every other business person has the same idea in mind? How can you ensure that customers choose your products/services over those of your competitors? Check out some great advice on how to make your business stand out throughout the Christmas season!
Best Regard:

The Linen house

Message 11 of 25

Yes, Square does have the capability to prompt for a receipt and not produce one. This can be done by enabling the "Prompt for receipt" option in the Square Point of Sale app settings. When this option is enabled, the app will ask customers whether they want a receipt after each transaction, and the customer can choose to decline the receipt. If they decline, no receipt will be printed or emailed, saving paper and reducing waste.

To enable this option, follow these steps:

1. Open the Square Point of Sale app on your device.
  2. Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Tap on "Settings".
  4. Scroll down to the "Print settings" section and toggle on the "Prompt for receipt" option.
  5. Close the settings menu and start processing transactions. Square will now prompt customers for a receipt and only print or email one if the customer requests it.

Note that if you are using a connected receipt printer, you may also need to adjust the settings on the printer itself to ensure that it does not automatically print a receipt for every transaction. Check the printer manual or contact the manufacturer for instructions on how to do this.

Message 12 of 25

Yes, Square does have the capability to prompt for a receipt and not produce a paper receipt. Square offers digital receipt options that can be sent via email or SMS to customers, eliminating the need for paper receipts. By default, Square prompts customers to choose their receipt preference at the point of sale, allowing them to opt for a digital receipt if they prefer. Regards nekopoiapk

Message 13 of 25

I understand the concern about paper waste when customers don't want a receipt. Square, as a leading payment solutions provider, offers various options to address this issue. With Square, you can customize your receipt settings to prompt customers for their receipt preference. This way, you can ask customers if they would like a printed tiktokdownloads.online receipt before printing it, reducing paper waste. 

Message 14 of 25

My name is Eva, and I am a professional house designer with a passion for creating beautiful and functional spaces. I am reaching out to introduce myself and explore potential opportunities for collaboration.

With 6 years of experience in the industry, I have had the pleasure of working on a variety of residential projects, ranging from modern minimalist designs to traditional and eclectic styles. My goal is to bring my clients' visions to life while incorporating innovative design concepts and sustainable practices.

Message 15 of 25

May be, Square provides customization options for receipts. You can choose to include or exclude certain information, such as free fire max download itemized details, merchant information, or return policies. By customizing the receipt content, you can reduce unnecessary printing of lengthy receipts.

Message 16 of 25

The issue of paper waste from unnecessary receipts is indeed a concern for many businesses. While I mentioned in my previous response that Square may not have the specific feature you mentioned, it's worth exploring some alternatives and potential solutions to address this problem.

1. Digital Receipts: Instead of printing physical receipts, Square and many other payment processing platforms offer the option to send digital receipts to customers via email or text message. This eliminates the need for paper and allows customers to access their receipts electronically if needed.

2. Receipt Customization: Some point-of-sale systems, including Square, allow businesses to customize their receipt settings. You can configure the system to prompt customers whether they want a receipt or not, allowing them to choose their preference. This can help reduce the number of unnecessary receipts being printed.

3. Paperless Transactions: Encouraging customers to opt for paperless transactions can significantly reduce paper waste. Display signage or communicate with customers about the option to receive digital receipts, emphasizing the environmental benefits and convenience.

4. Eco-friendly Receipt Paper: If you still need to print physical receipts, consider using eco-friendly receipt paper. There are options available that are made from recycled materials or use less harmful chemicals during production.

Remember that these suggestions may vary depending on the specific features and capabilities of Square's current offerings. It's always recommended to reach out to Square's customer support or consult their official website for the most accurate and updated information.

Let's discuss further if you have any additional thoughts or ideas on minimizing paper waste in business transactions. 

Message 17 of 25

F2Pool has also contributed significantly to the overall decentralization of blockchain networks. By providing a platform for miners from different parts of the world, it has ensured a distributed and robust network, which is essential for the security and stability of blockchain systems.

Message 18 of 25

the Florida law firm's attorneys will assess the complexity of the case and discuss the potential costs involved in the divorce process. Understanding the financial aspects is essential, as it allows individuals to plan and prepare for the financial commitments associated with divorce proceedings while adhering to Florida's specific guidelines.

Message 19 of 25

Adnoor Figs presents nature's sweet gems in the form of delicious and succulent dried figs. With a commitment to quality and a passion for bringing the finest produce to consumers, Adnoor offers a delightful assortment of dried figs that are not only a treat to the taste buds but also a treasure trove of nutritional benefits.

Message 20 of 25

If you're using Square for your business, you might want to explore the settings and options within your Square account or point-of-sale system to enable this feature. Typically, there should be an option to enable receipt preferences during the payment process, allowing customers to choose whether they want a digital receipt or a printed one.

Message 21 of 25