x
Beta Member

Receipts, Invoice and Estimate as PDF

I am frustrated!  I love using square but it definitely has a few problems when it comes to the way customers see INVOICES, RECEIPTS & ESTIMATES.  Currently the emails seem to be in HTML and look pretty weak.   I would love each email to have a PDF attachment that shows a more formal, professional looking document. 

We are a home-services company, our requirements might be more than square can currently handle.  I can see the current emails working just fine for restaurants, but falling short for our needs.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Is there something that I am missing?  

I want our customers to receive the best and most professional experience, unfortunately Square is not quite up to par...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @mrjblanchard!

We've recently implemented the ability to save Square Invoices as PDFs right from your online Dashboard and app.

From the Dashboard, you'll head to your Invoices tab. Open one of your invoices and click on "More" in the bottom right hand corner. You'll see the option to Download PDF:

The PDF will download straight to your laptop/desktop and you can use that to send to your customers for a more professional look.

Let me know if you run into any trouble!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

@nika 

Thanks for replying!  I'm glad Square is listening to its customers.  I am aware of this feature, but it is still not what I am looking for.  

Here is my issue:

Why is it only INVOICES that can be downloaded as PDF, why not ESTIMATES or RECEIPTS?

Even if I was to do what you are suggesting, it is very cumbersome.  Instead of just generating the PDF and sending as attachment, I would have to do the following:

-click to view PDF

-save it to my computer

-name it

-Compose an email

-attach file

-send it

Seems like a bunch more steps that I shouldn't have to do.  Square already allows me to send professional emails to our customers with 1-click.  Seems to me that just automatically attaching a PDF to the email that is already being sent is a much better solution.

Also:  Why does square treat ESTIMATES, INVOICES and RECEIPTS as different things?  They are all essentially the same thing, just different timeline of a sale.

Estimates come first, Invoices are just estimates that have turned into work, receipts are just paid INVOICES?  What am I missing?  

My biggest issue is the formatting of the emails sent to customers.  Receipts will often truncate essential information with a "...".  Receipts are often missing critical information such as: customer information, job numbers.

I hope this is a coherent message...

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@mrjblanchard Absolutely a coherent message! To be quite honest, I'm not sure why PDF formatting is only available for Invoices. Estimates are a semi-newer feature, and I just don't think we've heard much from other sellers wanting to have the ability to download Estimates as a PDF. But I can see how it would be helpful to have the option all around.

I'll be sure to pass this along to our product team. This information is very helpful for continued development, so thank you!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I love that you guys are on top of this stuff!

To be clear:  PDF formatting is important for RECEIPTS as well.  Not just invoices and estimates.  

We are so close to being able to use Square to replace other programs...  Just a few more updates and fixes and we should be there.

@nika 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for the clarification @mrjblanchard. I'll be sure to include receipts in this feature request as well!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 6