x

Receipts: My customer wanted to know how I got her email address?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Customer contact info:

Recently had a customer call me asking how I had gotten her email address. She wasn't disputing the purchase she made but concerned at how the software had her email address when she had never directly provided it to me or another square user to the best of her knowledge.

Also, receipt pages have been appearing with contact info that is incorrect to some card holders. Not sure what the cause of this is but it's making some of my customers uneasy.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @nathanwjones, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I can explain how our Digital Receipts work. When a customer enters their email address or phone number into the receipt screen, their contact information will be married to that payment card for future purchases at other Square sellers. The opt in agreement is on the receipt screen for the customer to read. 

I'm interested in learning more about the incorrect information on the customers receipts. Are they receiving receipts for purchases they did not make? Or is it incorrect contact information for your business? I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Message 2 of 2