x

Recurring Payments Fees

Can anyone please clarify the fees for recurring invoiced payments?

This page states: "2.2% for each Square Invoice paid securely online".

This page states: "3.5% + 0.15 cents each time you complete a payment with Square Invoices using a card on file".

My question is specifically in regards to the "Allow automatic payments with card on file" toggle when creating a New Recurring Series in the Square app. It gives a warning: "If your customer opts-in, this will result in a higher transaction fee".

Does this mean the fee will ordinarilly be 2.2% and increase to (not an additional) 3.5% + 0.15c only if they choose this option?

Cheers, Will.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @WilliamGP, and welcome to the community!

The article titled "What are Square's Fees?" has the correct pricing for our Invoices product - the article that you've linked to that mentions 3.5% + 0.15 cents references our US pricing. I'll make sure that article is updated with the correct information going forward - thanks for the heads up!

So to clarify, you'll only be charged 2.2% for all invoices paid by credit card, whether they are issued once-off or via a recurring series.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @WilliamGP, and welcome to the community!

The article titled "What are Square's Fees?" has the correct pricing for our Invoices product - the article that you've linked to that mentions 3.5% + 0.15 cents references our US pricing. I'll make sure that article is updated with the correct information going forward - thanks for the heads up!

So to clarify, you'll only be charged 2.2% for all invoices paid by credit card, whether they are issued once-off or via a recurring series.

Message 2 of 3

Thanks for your help Chris! That's great.

Message 3 of 3