x

Refund error message

Hello,

Has anyone else seen this after requesting a refund be issued? 

I have no clue if the refund was successful or not, and have now done this 2x, so I could very well have processed double refund or have been unsuccessful in processing the refund in the firs place. 

Thanks 🙂 k

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 8.39.31 AM.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

@biokat was this payment an online store payment that was refunded through the Square Dashboard? Can you explain the details of the payment for me? Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello, 

The client purchased items via my online store. The package went missing in the post. I offered to refund the client.  In square online dashboard (suquareup.com) I went to orders, pulled up the completed order, opened it, selected 'Issue Refund' button and up came this message. 

I checked in transactions if any refunds have been assigned, search says none. I dont think it was processed, but am not 100% sure. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@biokat can you try issuing the refund from Online Store > Orders to see if you get the same error message? Also, if you want, please send me a direct message with the payment details and I can confirm if the refund was successful or not. With a brief look at your account I could not see any refunds, but I cannot confirm that without some payment information. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4