x

Refunding someone via square

Someone paid me through square. I issued a refund and the person has told me it still hasn’t been refunded after a week + now. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

uHi @Josie123 - thanks for your post. 

Refunds can take up to 7 working days for Square to process. During this time, pending refunds are marked as Awaiting Capture while Square awaits confirmation that the amount has been debited from your account. Once that process is complete, it is up to your customer’s card-issuing bank to post the funds to their account. 

Depending on the issuing bank’s processing speeds, the refund should show in your customer’s account in 2–7 working days thereafter.

In total, it can take 9-14 working days for your customer to receive their refund.

If your customer is looking for verification of the refund, please reach out to our support team directly on  0800 - 098 8008, 9AM- 5PM, Mon-Fri or you can send us an email here https://squ.re/3k4g2sg - we will be able to provide you with an ARN for the refund which your customer can bring to their bank to track the refund . 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content