x

Rename an option

Specific example:

I have a category labeled 'Bath Bombs'.

Inside that category, I have an option set that describes each bath bomb.

One of my bath bombs was initially entered as 'Dragon Egg'.

Since then, we now have a Large and Small Dragon Egg.

I would like the option to rename the option 'Dragon Egg' to 'Dragon Egg, Small'.  Same item, just a different name.

Is it possible to do that now, without creating a whole new option?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

HI, you can rename the Category on you Online Dashboard.

Online Dashboard, Items, Site Categories, select Category

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 7.20.47 PM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

I don't want to rename the category.  I want to rename one of the options under the category.

In this instance, the category is 'Bath Bombs'.  I don't want to rename that.

I want to rename the option, 'Dragon Egg' to 'Dragon Egg, Half'.

Message 3 of 11

HI, you can rename the Category on the Online Dashboard right underneath Site Categories.

Online Dashboard, Items, Options

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 11.27.46 AM.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 4 of 11

As mentioned the first time you replied, I am not looking to rename a category.  I am looking to rename an option within a category.  At the moment, it does not appear to be able to do that.  Any attempt to rename creates a whole new option, which is then tracked separately.  

The same problem exists if you try to correct spelling errors within the options.

Message 5 of 11

HI, can you please share a screenshot?

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 6 of 11

2. Go to 'Edit Variation'.  You cannot edit the name, it is greyed out.2. Go to 'Edit Variation'. You cannot edit the name, it is greyed out.3. Go to 'Options'. Set name is listed, along with the options under each set.3. Go to 'Options'. Set name is listed, along with the options under each set.4. Go to Edit Option Set.  Can rearrange the order of the options, but not change the name of the option.4. Go to Edit Option Set. Can rearrange the order of the options, but not change the name of the option.1.  Go to Item Library. Category: Bath Bombs. Options are listed below (Peppermint, Snowdrop, etc)1. Go to Item Library. Category: Bath Bombs. Options are listed below (Peppermint, Snowdrop, etc)

Message 7 of 11

HI, thank you for the screenshots.

Can you click directly on the text here?

Screenshot 2022-09-19 122944.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 8 of 11

Yes.  That takes you to the picture labeled #2.

Message 9 of 11

HI, yes, it should be able to change text.  Video on this support page confirms.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6720-create-and-manage-item-options-with-square-for-retail

You can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm PST.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 10 of 11

That video says absolutely nothing about changing an option or variation name.  It tells you how to create one, and of course you can create a name at that point.  You cannot change the name once it has been created.

Message 11 of 11