x
Beta Member

Report date formatting inconsistent and reporting limited

Hello, I'm trying to run an analysis on our daily sales and firstly it would be great if square could provide this information for me but as an analyst I am hoping to look at our min and max sales to get an average sale for each day of the week.

At the moment Square only shows us a comparison of the previous week, month, qtr etc.
I'd like to see some more useful reporting for retail if possible or atleast be able to export enough data to run the numbers myself.

In more advanced supply chain systems you can also mark events such as public holidays like christmas, boxing day, mother day etc. - something else that would be useful for future reporting additions

In regards to the current reporting available - when i extract daily sales i get an inconsistent and unrecognisable date format when extracted to excel, the month format is a mix of single and double numbers i.e. 01 and 1 for january. Can this be fixed please?

I also would like to extract daily sales with the method of payment so i can reconcile cash, card and other payments recorded - is this possible?

Any help with these issues would be appreciated.. thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Auri,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your feedback!

While Square Reports don't currently feature particular events like public holidays, you can compare daily gross sales to a specific date in the Sales Trend Report section. 

In regards to your current report formatting in excel, it would be best if our support team took a look at your dashboard and reports with you. If needed, they can file a ticket with our engineering team.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take a look at your reports through the community forum, but you can reach support on 1800 760 137, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST. 

If you'd like to run a report showing different payment methods, this is doable from the Payment Methods section of your Reports Dashboard. From there, select the date or date range you'd like to see. Next select Filter by > and tick Payment Method. You'll then be able to choose the Payment Method(s) you'd like to see, and export the sales report. This is what it looks like:

I'd be happy to pass your feedback regarding more detailed reporting to our product team as well, as I can see how the ability to export this data would be useful. 

Lastly, if you're looking for more advanced reporting related to Retail, such as Cost of Goods Reports, you could check out Square for Retail, which also includes more advanced inventory tracking

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Auri,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your feedback!

While Square Reports don't currently feature particular events like public holidays, you can compare daily gross sales to a specific date in the Sales Trend Report section. 

In regards to your current report formatting in excel, it would be best if our support team took a look at your dashboard and reports with you. If needed, they can file a ticket with our engineering team.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to take a look at your reports through the community forum, but you can reach support on 1800 760 137, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST. 

If you'd like to run a report showing different payment methods, this is doable from the Payment Methods section of your Reports Dashboard. From there, select the date or date range you'd like to see. Next select Filter by > and tick Payment Method. You'll then be able to choose the Payment Method(s) you'd like to see, and export the sales report. This is what it looks like:

I'd be happy to pass your feedback regarding more detailed reporting to our product team as well, as I can see how the ability to export this data would be useful. 

Lastly, if you're looking for more advanced reporting related to Retail, such as Cost of Goods Reports, you could check out Square for Retail, which also includes more advanced inventory tracking

Message 2 of 2