x

Request to change calendar default on Square Appointments

When a customer books though Appointments, the calendar shows the next day with available openings. This causes problems, as many customers assume the calendar defaults to the current day (rather than some arbitrary day in the future).

This results in multiple customers showing up at the same time, upsetting everyone involved and making my business appear quite unprofessional. The problem is especially pronounced for me since I use Appointments to schedule group activities. Just half an hour ago I had a total of 14 upset customers in my lobby.

This is the 5th time this has happened this year, and I think the 3rd time I'm writing about it on this forum. I'm starting to see people warning their friends on social media, saying my booking software "cannot be trusted".

This whole problem could be completely avoided if the calendar simply defaulted to display the current day (even if there are no openings). Or, if some people prefer how it operates currently, perhaps you could give us the ability to toggle the display method? Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for reaching out again about this. It sounds super frustrating and I'm really sorry to hear that this has caused some issues with your classes. 

At this time, it is still a feature request we have to only show times a week out and unfortunately I don't have any simple workarounds that would assist in making this easier. I can say that at the time of booking, and during the confirmation messages, the date and time of these appointments is stated each time for the customers, so they should be able to know when to come into the sessions and when not to. 

Regardless of this still being a feature request, I have sent your feedback directly to our development teams. I know this doesn't help in the moment, but we do listen carefully to the feedback of each of our Sellers and will work to make changes in the future to better benefit all of you. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for reaching out again about this. It sounds super frustrating and I'm really sorry to hear that this has caused some issues with your classes. 

At this time, it is still a feature request we have to only show times a week out and unfortunately I don't have any simple workarounds that would assist in making this easier. I can say that at the time of booking, and during the confirmation messages, the date and time of these appointments is stated each time for the customers, so they should be able to know when to come into the sessions and when not to. 

Regardless of this still being a feature request, I have sent your feedback directly to our development teams. I know this doesn't help in the moment, but we do listen carefully to the feedback of each of our Sellers and will work to make changes in the future to better benefit all of you. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 2 of 9

Thank you for the reply. Perhaps a fast and simple way to improve things would be to change the formatting of the pages? Even though the date is stated on the pages, it is hidden within a lot of other surrounding information and does not particularly stand out.

Message 3 of 9

That does make sense and is an awesome addition to your feature request. I will make sure to add it onto the ticket for our Development team to see! Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 4 of 9

Has there been any update on this? We are getting many people coming in on the wrong day due to this defaulting on the next day with available times. This is becoming a major issue.

Message 5 of 9

Hey @Delray,

Thanks for writing in and highlighting this feature request! We don't have an update for this request at the moment, unfortunately. I'll resurface this with our Square Appointments development team. 

Keep in mind that when the calendar shows the next available appointments, the date and time are confirmed and shown to your customer at the time of booking. Appointment confirmation and reminder messages your customers receive show the date the booking was made for, too. 

Message 6 of 9

We still get in multiple people a week that assume it goes to the current day first. It's very frustrating and embarassing to explain, it makes my business look unprofessional. It needs to be a option to either the current day or the next available day. 

Message 7 of 9

Please update this or change the format of the booking page, it's been a year and I still constantly get people showing up on the wrong day. Even with notes and reminders people have a hard time telling the day on the calender and show up on the wrong day.

Message 8 of 9

Hey @Delray I appreciate you reaching out and providing your feedback. I will ask you to reach out to our Ideate Board, or new process of tracking feature requests. in an effort to streamline and track these requests better, we are asking if you can submit them there. I know suggestion is crucial to Square Appointments and appreciate your sticking with us while we work on this. 

Message 9 of 9