x
Admin

Resources for Sellers Impacted by the NSW and QLD Floods

Hey everyone,

With flooding and extreme weather conditions currently impacting residents in parts of NSW and QLD, we’re aware that many Sellers, their families and wider communities are in need of support right now. I’d like to take the chance to share some resources for impacted communities in need of both immediate and ongoing assistance.

We’re also sharing ways you can use Square as your community regroups and rebuilds.

Please feel free to reply below to share any other resources that you’ve found helpful. Our thoughts are with everyone who may be impacted by these events and we hope you are safe.

In the event of a life-threatening emergency, remember to always call 000.

National Assistance:

NSW Assistance

QLD Assistance

• QLD SES - Emergency help and assistance
  • RSPCA - Wildlife rescue

Accepting payments and Square Support Resources

Support: If you live in an area impacted by flooding and have lost/damaged Square hardware please get in touch with our support team for assistance in replacing your hardware.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEDT), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account
  2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact
  3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"
  4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Taking payments: If you’re unable to accept payment from your point of sale here are some alternatives:

Learn more about methods for touch-free and remote payments.

Donations: Accept donations with Square Online and offer eGift Cards so that your customers can support your business.

Internet: If internet access is temporarily unavailable, accept card payments using a mobile hotspot supported device or using your mobile if possible. 

Power: The Square Reader and Square Terminal have batteries that can last a full business day without needing to be connected to a power source.

Accessories: Depending on your accessory setup, the cash drawer, printer, and barcode scanner may not work during a power outage. As a backup you can send Digital Receipts to customers.

Square Subscriptions: You have the option to pause your subscription to Square products. When you pause a subscription you will not be billed. You can restart your subscription at any time and pick up where you left off.

For additional Square Support and Response Resources visit our website. We hope you’re safe and well.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0