x
Beta Member

Retail location and food truck

Hi all, I have a retail location and now also a food truck. Should I setup a separate location or just a new device? If you have my setup, how do you run yours?

Thanks,

Joe

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

If I was in your shoes, I'd set up a second location on your account for your truck.

The main reason would be to be able to see where your sales are coming from. Plus, if you take your food truck to different taxed locations, you'd run the risk of messing up your taxes in your retail location.

Another good reason would be for separating items specific to one location: imagine the confusion in your retail kitchen if one of your servers ordered back the truck's daily special because they saw the button and wanted to try it....

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

If I was in your shoes, I'd set up a second location on your account for your truck.

The main reason would be to be able to see where your sales are coming from. Plus, if you take your food truck to different taxed locations, you'd run the risk of messing up your taxes in your retail location.

Another good reason would be for separating items specific to one location: imagine the confusion in your retail kitchen if one of your servers ordered back the truck's daily special because they saw the button and wanted to try it....

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2