x

Sales Data Analysis

Hi there,
I have some consignment product in my shop and I have a very hard time keeping up with those sales. Is there a way to see a monthly sales report where I don't have to wade through the entire items list to find the retail item I am looking for?
Example: I have a CD called "Fool's crown" and we sell it using the item modifier so it has it's own separate sales record. At the end of the month I like to cut checks to the artist based on how many cd's I've sold, but also I want to see how many have sold total, compare this month to last, etc. I can't seem to find a way to simplify this process.
Is there an ap that I could use?
Also, is there a way to get all my bakery item sales data to a more analysable format? I'd like to run the 'catagory' report, then click on the item and see more information. But I can't. I have to go all the way throigh the dang whole month of items to find the item (and are they alphabetized? maybe...but maybe not) or not find the item...scrolling nightmare.

Seems like getting us the data would be a number one goal, but I've not found a way to make this easy. Any hacks? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @octopuscoffee2, thanks for taking the time to lay this out.

We don't currently offer consignment-specific reporting. For now, you may need to export your transactions or sales summary, and sort to view specific CD sale details.

We've also partnered with a handful of reporting and analytics apps. For a closer look at current options, head over to your App Marketplace tab — hopefully there's something in there that helps get you the report you need.

If any other sellers have any experience or tips to share, feel free to chime in with what worked well! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hello, I am currently a Data Analytics student at Thinkful, I would love to use your case as my capstone project. I would of course offer my services free of charge. I would just need to share this post with my team and we can work a solution for you. 

Please let me know if you're interested. I'd be happy to help.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JNine 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Would you mind clarifying your post? We're not sure what you mean by 'case,' or exactly what you're looking for.

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Hello,

To clarify, I was offering to help show her how to arrange her books so she could filter the items in inventory like she asked. As a square user myself I can help her with my knowledge of the system and as a Data Analytics student I can help her with her Data organization. I didn't have a question myself I was offering help to another seller.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Ah, got it! Thanks for clarifying that @JNine - we appreciate you stepping in to assist your fellow Sellers! Cheers. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Hey, I just posted a proposal for feedback.

I thought folks from this thread might be interested in checking it out, so cross-sharing it here: 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Feedback-a-new-app-for-visualizing-square-data...

Message 7 of 7