x
Super Seller

Screen Protector for Square Register?

I just recieved a square register.  I would like to install a screen protector on both the customer pad and the POS.  Has anyone done this, can you point me to where you purchased it, and how it works.

I did a quick scan on amazon and came up with this. Its available in mat and clear.

https://www.amazon.com/Register-Protector-BoxWave-ClearTouch-Crystal/dp/B077SJ3P6Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF...

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

We have added the screen protector to Amazom

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY4VGXV?ref=myi_title_dp

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller

I would definitely not buy $50 screen protectors.  I don't see a need for screen protectors.  We have multiple Square stands in our garden center and at our farmer's markets and none have screen protectors in the last 5 years.  The ones in the garden center have employees with dirty hands and in humid conditions and nothing has been a problem, just wipe off with a microfiber cloth or a tshirt.

Message 2 of 21

Our company makes screen protectors.  We will roll out a couple in the $10-$15 range.  I will post when they are available on amazon.

Message 3 of 21

Best Answer

We have added the screen protector to Amazom

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY4VGXV?ref=myi_title_dp

Message 4 of 21
Admin

Thank you @bstrong!

I just wanted to mention that a screen protector is not required for the Square Register - the glass it's made of is durable and can be cleaned easily with a screen-cleaning cloth! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 21

We have had our Square Register for 1 month and the inner screen cracked on the customer display when it was knocked against the window accidently.  And that is another $350 to replace. The customer display is handled by so many customers, it requires protection and durable construction.

Message 6 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BeanCounter1 - Violet here, stepping in for @Helen 👋 I'm sorry to hear about your Customer Display 😞 While our hardware is built for repeated daily use, there are a few things we do not cover in our warranty policy. I can provide some additional details below for you.

Square's hardware warranty policy covers component failures that are not the result of accidental damage (unless damaged in delivery transit). Here are some examples of damages that are not covered:

• Physical damage to the device as a result of drops or anything else not related to normal wear and tear
  • Water damage or liquid spills
  • Damage from disasters
  • Lost or stolen

If you are wanting to purchase a replacement Customer Display, you can do so here on our site. Additionally, if it works for your setup, you may be interested in docking your Customer Display to the back of your Square Register so that it isn't able to slide or get knocked around.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 21

I would suggest using a screen protector. $10 will save you $350. 

Message 8 of 21

@bstrong 

Are you still selling these screen protectors? 

Message 9 of 21

I took them down because there was a size change.  I can add them again if someone can let me know the correct size.  The smaller terminal is still avaialble.

Message 10 of 21

Thank you for your reply!  The new square register display screen is 12.5" length and 8" height, the customer display screen is 6.75" x 6.75"

Can you please let me know if you post one up?  I would like to get 1 set

Message 11 of 21

It has been posted.  The display screen protectors will be 12.0" x 8.0 due to the maximum width of our material at this time.  The terminal will be 6.75" X 6.75"

Thank you for your help.  

Message 12 of 21

@bstrong these are no longer in the $10-15 range?

Message 13 of 21

Message 14 of 21

@bstrong oops I saw $50 something from an older link.  $25.90 for 4 is a great price!  Order placed,  Thank you very much!

Message 15 of 21

I'm glad to see that your company makes screen protectors for the Register. Are these glass or a plastic film?

Also, your site shows that they are out of stock.

Message 16 of 21

They are out of stock.  Do you know when more will be available?

Message 17 of 21

We are still waiting for larger roll of material to cut the big screen.

Message 18 of 21

Hi, tried to order but its out of stock.
Would like to order, i am in Australia.
Thanks

email is: {redacted} 

Message 19 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Samy147,

As this is a public forum, we'd suggest sending @bstrong a direct message with your email address 👍 

Message 20 of 21

I sent your email to Australian distributor (bstrong@strongengineering.com)

Message 21 of 21