x
Admin

Seller Question of the Week 💭

Hey Seller Community!

You may have noticed in the last couple of weeks that I’ve been posting a weekly question related to best practices, advice and your experience as business owners. For those of you who haven’t seen these posts, take a look here:

We hope you all have enjoyed reading one another's replies as much as we have here at Square 🤓 These responses are incredibly valuable to new business owners, existing business owners, and offers a chance to learn about fellow Seller Community members and their businesses. 

In the next coming weeks, you’ll continue to see a question of the week posted by myself or another moderator (you can also feel free to post these sorts of questions yourself!). It will be (featured on) the US Seller Community homepage to make it easily accessible. I hope those of you who have already replied to question of the week posts continue to do so, and those of you who haven’t, we hope to see you in those threads! Thanks

If there's a question you'd like us to ask the Community, reply to this post!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I was inspired to build a retail space built around a community.  A safe place where everyone would feel welcome to shop and hang out with friends.  That's how we created our model with a gift shop with a neighborhood craft beer and wine bar.  My husband and I work in the space every day to try to meet all the "MonkeyFans" when they visit our store.  That has helped us build our community and long-lasting relationships. And we are very transparent with our top fans. We make them feel part of the journey with us. 

I would tell people to start one piece of advice and get a business coach as soon as they can afford it.  They can help you become profitable and miss some of the pitfalls we newbies make. 

Rusty Sutton
The Green Monkey LLC
www.greenmonkeyraleigh.com
FB: greenmonkeyraleigh
IG: greenmonkeyraleigh
Twitter: @greenmonkeyshop
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

I absolutely love all of this!

Thank you so much @isabelle for making this happen, doing it consistently, and getting a ton of great organic responses & engagement with really helpful tips and insights from so many sellers!

You rock.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 4
Admin

😭 Thank you so much @pessosices!

It's been a pleasure thus far. I love reading the replies. Suggestions are always welcome

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4