x

Selling Business Transfer appointments?

I am selling a business.  I understand the acount is linked to a person, and the new owner will need to setup a new account.  

I can export customers.

I can export items (stock)

Can I transfer the appointments?

It is a Hair Salon, and they appointments booked out months.  

What do I do?

Thx

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@adubich

This is a request we've heard a lot, and don't have a perfect way to do this at this time, as Services and Appointments are not currently exportable.

You could consider linking your Google Account, and making sure those appointments are linked the Calendar that the new business will also be using. This would at least show blocked off times for those appointments and allow you to update the schedule accordingly.

In the meantime, here is a little information on how our Feature Request Process works.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

@adubich

This is a request we've heard a lot, and don't have a perfect way to do this at this time, as Services and Appointments are not currently exportable.

You could consider linking your Google Account, and making sure those appointments are linked the Calendar that the new business will also be using. This would at least show blocked off times for those appointments and allow you to update the schedule accordingly.

In the meantime, here is a little information on how our Feature Request Process works.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 2 of 5

Im selling my grooming business and I can't believe there is no way to transfer future appointments to a new owner's square account. I'm floored. How is that legal. The client/appointment book is an asset of a business.... it's my property.... how can I not transfer that data out?

It's a years worth of appointments too... it's not a little bit of work. 

Surely square has handled something like this before. I can't believe nobody has sold a business and transferred appointments before????

Any help I can get would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @pupcakes,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

What I'm getting from moving my comment to a dark corner of the forum is that Square has known this is an issue for years and still has yet to do anything about it. Got it. Good.

Message 5 of 5