x

Semantics of created_at and updated_at fields for Customers API

I'm currently building an application that uses the Connect V2 API. Specifically, I'm working w/ the customers endpoint.

Looking at the results from a `list_customers` call, I see a `created_at` and `updated_at` field. For some I'm seeing the two fields be identical, be different by many days, and be different by almost exactly one hour.

My question is: What is the actual meaning of `updated_at` w/ respect to the customers endpoint? When is `updated_at` changed? For instance, if a customers opens a tab and then closes some time later, will this alter the `updated_at` field?

Also, what could be causing the `created_at` and `updated_at` fields to differ consistently by almost one hour?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @oakandiron!

To answer your questions:

`created_at` is when the customer is created, and the `updated_at` is when the customer was last updated.

The `updated_at` is altered when the info of the contact is updated (such as name, birthday, etc.) Besides being edited by the merchant, `rolodex` (backend of directory) also may update the contact.

For example: `rolodex` is running a job which will execute 1 hour later and update the contact email address if the contact inputs the email address at the end of transaction for a receipt.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2