x

Separate ordering page for catering?

Hi! We're a cookie business in NYC, and we have a robust catering service. We would like to create a page (integrated with Square ordering), for catering orders. All it would entail would be for customers to choose which flavors they would like.

Some parameters:

• Orders can only be placed minimum 72 hours in advance
  • Customer must be able to choose pickup or delivery (with different fees applied based on their decision, we take care of the delivery ourselves)
  • Cookie flavors come in quantities of 6 and a minimum of 24 cookies, 48 for delivery
  • Customer should also be able to choose customization options such as individual wrapping which comes at additional cost

We are wondering if this is possible to be implemented and integrated into our website, or at the very least, linked to our site. This ordering system would be separate from our regular online ordering for delivery, where customers can order small, regular quantities for pickup or delivery. Thank you in advance! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @chipcity🍪 Welcome to the Seller Community. We're happy to have you here! Want to clear something up quick... are you using your own website that you want to integrate with our Square pickup and delivery options? Or are you wanting to use Square for everything including an Online shop?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 8

We also are interested in whether we can have a separate ordering page for catering orders.  We want to direct customers ordering for over a certain number of people to a separate ordering page where they will have different options, different lead times for pick-up and delivery, etc.  We now have online ordering through square, and do not run this through our website -- just running from a square online site.  We'd like to have a second page on that site with order functionality, but be able to set different parameters, have a different set of items etc.  Is this possible?  I was able to add a page called "Catering", but I don't seem to be able to add ordering functionality to that page.  Thanks for any suggestions or tips. 

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting @mitos 👋

Yes, this is possible if you create a separate location for your catering orders. You would then be able to set specific hours, fulfillment rules, and assign the items you wish to make available for just catering orders. 

Hope this helps! 😊

Message 4 of 8

the problem is with variations. on a catering site you want to sell larger quantities of the same item. on the regular or pick up menu you want to sell one. however, square doesn't seem to let you have one set of variations for one location and a different set of variations for the other location. it has to be all or none 

Message 5 of 8

We have a restaurant and wanted a separate online ordering page for catering, with pickup and delivery at the restaurant.  I've now accomplished this, but still tweaking some things before it's ready to share the link.  I spent some time on the phone getting passed around to different people at square, who all had different ideas about how to do this, with various pros and cons to each approach.  What I ended up deciding was the best solution for me was to add a second "site" to square online.  If I set up another location, I'd have to have it connected to a different bank account.  If that works for you, it would probably have some advantages, but I preferred not to deal with that.  To add a site, login to your dashboard, and then click "online".  It looks different now, but I think I hit the name of my business, upper left, just below where you see three bars and "online".  Then at the bottom of the dropdown menu that appears, you'll see "add site".  After adding the site, I somehow added an order page to it.  There are some not so obvious settings that I had to change, but it's looking promising.  If I have other insights as I work on it more, I'll let you all know.

Message 6 of 8
Super Seller

I’m certain I’ve inquired about this before but I’d be extremely interested in creating a separate page just for ordering Catering online with Pickup/Delivery options, similar to our current site, seen here:

http://eatatmaxs.square.site

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 7 of 8

there is a response above but i dont think it's right ... trying to do the same thing

Message 8 of 8