x

Share a Receipt printer from PC

I have a MC-Print3 currently connected to iPad through Bluetooth for square POS, and TM-t70ii connected to PC through Ethernet not for Square.

Wifi router is not accessible physically and I still want to be able to print from multiple square POS (iPad and Samsung tablet) to one of those printers.

According to MCP30 manual, it is pretty much impossible to connect two devices including iPad simultaneously (correct me if I am wrong) other than through Ethernet connection.

TM-t70ii has been great but I am not sure if it would be compatible with square (I hope somebody had any success? Since it has TM-t88 compatible mode?)…

So, my option seems to be connecting MC-Print3 to PC through Ethernet and somehow share it to wifi network as if it is connected to wifi router.

PC is running Windows 7. Any suggestion is appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

So far as I am doing research, it looks like I could “bridge” wifi adapter of pc to Ethernet adapter in order to add Ethernet device (printer in my case) to the same wifi network and have same range IP as if I connect the printer to the router. 

The example uses of this method were mainly for PC networks but in theory I could use this for my printer too… possibly?

Anyway I will update later when I’m around the printer. Let me know if any of you have better idea thx

Message 2 of 2