I am a Product Manager on the Point of Sale team. We would love to hear any feedback you have on the Transactions experience on the Point of Sale app - specifically interested in hearing:
1. Your experience with searching for previous transactions on the app (what works, what is difficult, etc)
2. What improvements would you like to see to help you locate transactions processed by your business
Hello Seller Community! If you have any feedback about the Transactions section of the Point of Sale app - now's the time to share. 😊
Since you asked - I've put a couple of thoughts out there on other threads. None pertain to searching transactions but things like being able to split pay an invoice from the POS is a big one for me. Another is the ability to asign a category to an item from the keypad basically allowing for a unique item to be categorized on the fly rather than pre-entering each item or having a 'catch all' that you have to add another step to to add the extra detail.
Building on that - maybe a fuller featured keypad with a quantity option as well. Basically trying to streamline the sale. Other than those, just things that tighten up the counter experience for example the split payment process seems, to me, to be a little less intuitive in the flow - maybe the ability to show the two payments before processing? A test mode where we can train others without ringing up a sale would be nice, I always have to stop the process and then describe the rest.
@pessosices 's ideas sound useful, though I haven't needed them yet though I could see where I would.
Hey @saumaya - thanks for asking!
Some key features that would make our work flow much better:
1. Live Updating Transactions - We don't have printers set up for our Registers, since we don't want customers manually printing receipts, but we have an iPad in the back hooked up to a printer in case a customer specificially requests a printed one. I would love to keep that iPad always open to the Transactions screen, but the tab does not automatically live update with new Transactions as they happen. That would be a killer feature!
2. Searchable by Item - We have another iPad that we use for Inventory under a second location, and sometimes my employees need to "return" and item to our storage, but it's a pain to scroll through days and days of transactions to find the one with the item to return it. If we could search transactions for an item, like we can on web dashboard, that would simplify things so much!
3. Filter or Quick Jump to a Specific Date - Right now it's a long scroll and wait for load to get down to an earlier date. And if you get there and interact with a transaction like a refund, it pops back up to today, so it's again a long scroll and wait to load to get back to the same old date. If there was a quick jump to a specific date, either filtering out other dates, or just focusing in on that date and can still scroll to earlier & later - that would rock.
That's all for now, I'll keep thinking and reply here if I have more!
Thanks for asking & listening!
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!