x
Admin

Shop Small® Promotion 2021 🏪 💳 🛍

Shops.gif

Hi Seller Community Members —

As things return to normal, we want to help get you ready for the rush of summer customers. That’s why we’ve teamed up with American Express to offer Shop Small® resources and information, so you can give each person a safe and easy shopping experience.

Common Questions: 

Here are some common questions that Sellers usually have about participating in the American Express Shop Small movement.

What is the #ShopSmall campaign?

The #ShopSmall campaign is a nationwide movement created by American Express to celebrate small businesses every day and to help communities thrive. In previous years, this campaign was known as “Small Business Saturday®” - which usually happens in November in anticipation of the holiday shopping season, but this year Amex is launching the campaign earlier to help more businesses.

How can I participate?

We’re proud to partner with American Express to encourage card members to support the businesses they love. Please don't hesitate to reply below and let us know if any questions come up about the different format for 2021 we'll get them addressed as soon as possible. Let’s #ShopSmall and celebrate and support local businesses!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

So when is the campaign launching? Will Shop Small Saturday still be the Saturday after Black Friday?

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @alexandriak — thanks for bringing this up! I went to get more clarification on this and I have the following update:

All summer, American Express is encouraging consumers to shop small and support their local communities. The campaign officially launched June 23rd and lasts through August 31st. Small Business Saturday® will still be happening the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which is November 26 this year, and we’ll share more news around that event in the fall.

Hope this helps, though don't hesitate to let us know if any questions remain. 🙏 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @alexandriak — I have an update! American Express is supporting the Shop Small® Movement again this year with new marketing materials. Check out this post for more details: Participate in Small Business Saturday this November 26th! 🛍 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Thank you! I signed up!

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 5 of 5