x

Small Business with independent contractors in need of software development from square

I am using square POS to operate my Salon. I have several independent contractors that work in my salon. When they sign in to square under their account AND sell products or merchandise in the salon the entire transaction is under their account and the taxes report under their 1099 in square. Is there a way or a planned software update for square to allow this so the customer is forced to run their payment twice (once for the haircut under the stylist square account and then a second time under the business' account) 

I would suggest allowing  this to be assigned to the transaction during the checkout phase so the customer may run their payment one time and avoid double processing fees in addition to  deconflicting the tax issue. 

If there is already a solution to this please help me. If not please develop one. Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thanks for your post @NicoloSimmons! There isn't a way to process a payment in the way you're describing but here are some other options. Hopefully another salon owner can chime in too! 

You could consider using Open Tickets to track sales and commission. Your contractors wouldn't sign in to their own accounts, all sales would be completed on your business account.

Alternatively, you could take a look at Square Payroll which can be used to pay commission

Last but not least, if you haven't already I suggest speaking to a tax professional for the best way to complete your tax forms as a business owner with independent contractors. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2