x

Socket Mobile 7ci barcode scanner discontinued

The Socket Mobile 7 ci barcode scanner is the only scanner compatible with square for retail. Socket has discontinued the 7ci scanner. I just purchased the Square for Retail system and it is totally useless to me without a barcode scanner. Please help

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@SBost Thanks for flagging this, I'm really sorry for this late reply.

We have updated the Hardware Compatibility article and the Square Shop to include the bluetooth Socket MobileSocketScan S700. This bluetooth scanner is compatible with iPads (with or without Square Stand) so you can use it with Square for Retail. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

@SBost Thanks for flagging this, I'm really sorry for this late reply.

We have updated the Hardware Compatibility article and the Square Shop to include the bluetooth Socket MobileSocketScan S700. This bluetooth scanner is compatible with iPads (with or without Square Stand) so you can use it with Square for Retail. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

This barcode scanner that you have as compatible with Square /ipad gets HORRIBLE reviews online. I'd strongly suggest Square work to find a more reliable compatible Bluetooth Barcode Scanner. It's really **bleep**ing people off 😞 and doesn't reflect well on the great brand you have!

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Has there been an updated wireless scanner? I currently have wired and have been wanting to switch but the reviews for this socket are horrific and I'm not spending $250 for this!

Message 4 of 4