x
Beta Member

Square Appointments / Google Calendar Syncing

Goal:

Let our clients see who's working and when, online.

Detail:

We run a barber shop and we're trying to find a way to let our clients see who is working so they can plan their appointment accordingly.

Right now square does not offer a way to do this from within their app, so we are looking into syncing with Google Calendar.

Questions:

1. Does Google Calendar act as the "master" calendar with the import / export option? (ie , if an team member chooses to switch a shift with someone else, etc, does that change have to be made in google calendar or square, who wins)?

2. Does each team member need a separate gmail address to sync to their individual square calendar to or can each team member be a sub calendar within a master calendar?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @HellRazor,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up!

The Appointments Google Calendar Sync allows you to import your events so that you can automatically reserve time on the Square Appointments calendar—busy events will block time on your Square Appointments calendar. If you need to change an appointment (e.g. one team member swapping for another), they'll need to do so from the Appointments app or the online Square Dashboard itself.

As for your second question, yes—each team member will need a separate Gmail address/account so that they can sync their event calendars to their individual Square Appointments account. For more information on setting this up, have a look here: Allow Staff members to sync their Google Calendar with Square Appointments.

I can see how centralizing Google Calendar as a "master" calendar would be helpful for many businesses. Rest assured that I'll be surfacing your post with our Appointments team. I hope this helps clarify a bit more, but definitely let me know if any other questions remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2