x

Square Appointments: How do I remove or edit the custom message on my booking site?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to get rid of a message posted on my booking site

How do I get rid of a message that is at the top of my booking site for when people click on "Book Now" button.  It says.... 

Dear valued customers, Unfortunately, due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak we are currently closed and unable to take bookings at this time. This is a difficult time for our business, so we thank you for your patience and support. For our customers who've asked how they can continue to support our business in the meantime, please consider purchasing a gift card below. Thanks, and stay safe!

BUT... I am open! 

Thanks, Val 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks so much for coming back to answer your own question @Sugamama. Appreciate it! Glad to hear you are open for business too. 

For anyone else reading this you can switch off this message, or add your own custom message for your clients from the Appointments section of your online Square Dashboard: 

1. Click Covid-19 tips in the menu on the right hand side.
  2. Select Create a custom message for your booking site
  3. Toggle the switch at Show a COVID-19 message off to remove the message, or make changes to the message copy as needed and then click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Ok I figured it out! You click on the top of your page where it says COVID - 19 

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks so much for coming back to answer your own question @Sugamama. Appreciate it! Glad to hear you are open for business too. 

For anyone else reading this you can switch off this message, or add your own custom message for your clients from the Appointments section of your online Square Dashboard: 

1. Click Covid-19 tips in the menu on the right hand side.
  2. Select Create a custom message for your booking site
  3. Toggle the switch at Show a COVID-19 message off to remove the message, or make changes to the message copy as needed and then click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 6

Hey helen, I cant seem to edit the custom message from the booking site. I no longer see the link in the covid-19 section

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @siijhair 👋

Can you post a link to your booking site so we can confirm which message you are referring to? The instructions in this post may not apply to your site if the notification is a pop-up. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Popping back in, @siijhair to follow up with you on this. 

After looking through my dashboard, I do not believe that Helen's answer applies to you. I think your website has a pop-up notification enabled like I first suspected. 

To disable: Login to your Square Online Dashboard and click Notifications > Popups. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see the popups that were created for your site. Click on the menu to the right of the popup you are looking for, then click delete or unpublish

💡 Note: unpublish the popup if you intend to use it at a different time so that you do not have to recreate it. 😊

I hope this helps clear up any confusion! 

Message 6 of 6