x

Square Capital Denied

If you have had mant square capital loans and have paid them back in a timely manner, then you should be just as unhappy as me to be denied we requesting another loan.  Each time they offered to me NOW I found a fantstic deal on a new delivery truck and Square

does not appreciate me enough as a customer to extend another loan.  Why should we continue to support square if they are no longer going to support us!  I have been looking into other merchant services and I think I am on my way to another.  I hope others will follow so Square can appreciate their clients once again.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

i have  a better one for you i recieved a loan from square ,  along the way a customer disputed a charge so many pulling the scam these days well square without giving me a heads up yanked [Personal Information Redacted] out of my bank and told me there is a dispute process , now this is in august 2017 well needless to say here it is january 2018 and i get a message of i won my dispute , great but heres the catch they think that they are going to take the [Personal Information Redacted] and apply it to a loan of [Personal Information Redacted] i have all in one shot well , im sorry to say but i signed a contract and i really want them to take the $$ my lawyer will have a field day square is a rip off and the fees are astronomical . dont be fooled into thinking its a good business partner

Message 22 of 29
Square

Hello @dannykeane

A member of the Capital team will be reaching out to work with you on this matter. Please be on the lookout for an email shortly. 

Message 23 of 29

@LaDora I was denied capital two weeks ago because [Personal Information Redacted], but I have since corrected that problem that day. Is there any chance of my account getting another offer? I know last time, I had something wrong, but I corrected it, and two weeks later I had another offer. Can you help me with this?

Thanks,

Nicole

Message 24 of 29
Square

Hi @coley536, thank you for your post! 

Because this is a public forum, we are unable to talk about your specific account information. However, if you haven’t checked out this yet, you can look at this article Support Center for more information about declined applications. 

Message 25 of 29

Hi @Regina_B

The link you sent did not answer my question. Can someone please contact me via email with a better response. 

Thanks

Message 26 of 29

Soooo I finished paying off a large loan .. the max they use to claim to give...  2 weeks afterward they offered me an even larger loan then denied me for “unusual activity “ It was peak season and I guess I processed more than they thought I should...  well that has been over 2 months ago and still no new offer for nothing zilch...  anyone else in the same boat???? Very frustrating... I reckon I should start looking at other options?

Message 27 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hi @theritz!

It looks like there are other existing threads where sellers had the same question so I moved your post to one of those.

There's other sellers with similar experiences here if you'd like to read through their posts as well. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 29

Yup...I have had three successful loans on my account. I got denied for cash advancing reasons, most due to purchasing my own retail products and testing deposit processes through my new bank and my old one. It's been over thirty days since my denial and while I understand that it looked suspicious and I wasn't aware of their policies on that issue. My bad, but it still sucks. I had a slow year this past year due to a MAJOR back surgery, but now I am back and added two more retail lines to my business. I am a single mom who left domestic violence marriage after 17 years, went back to school and started my own business. I am not boasting or trying to get sympathy, I am just saying I am very proud of the business I have built and that includes the help I received from Square capital. I have loyally used Square for three years and referred numerous friends, family and small business owners in our town. I now feel like I have no need to remain loyal to Square if they can't see the loyalty I have given them. Check with your local bank, they offer merchant services and have perks for using them. I am considering my local bank, but because I still feel loyal I am having a hard time making the full switch 😞 

Message 29 of 29