x
Beta Member

Square Card: Can you have two Square Cards for one account?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Card:

I would like to see if you can get two square cards for one account.  I have me and another employee and want them to have a credit card too as well as me.  Can you add a second card to a account.  

Message 1 of 64
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @funfun4645 - Currently, you can only have one Square Card per location. If your Square account only consists of one location, then you'll only be able to request one card. If you have multiple locations within one account, then you can request one card for each of those locations. Please keep in mind that each Square Card would only be connected to the balance of the location it is linked to. To clarify, the Square Card for Location A will only contain funds generated by Location A and cannot be used to access the funds generated by Location B.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @funfun4645 - Currently, you can only have one Square Card per location. If your Square account only consists of one location, then you'll only be able to request one card. If you have multiple locations within one account, then you can request one card for each of those locations. Please keep in mind that each Square Card would only be connected to the balance of the location it is linked to. To clarify, the Square Card for Location A will only contain funds generated by Location A and cannot be used to access the funds generated by Location B.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Puka - She/They
Message 2 of 64

Hi,

How would one go about having 2 Square cards for the same account. . . . for a business with two owners.

Thank you

Message 3 of 64
Alumni

Hey @Truckeedelivery - I've merged your post with a thread on the same question. Check out my answer above for more information. If you have any other questions, let us know!

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 64

Hello,

Is there a way to get a square card for another person that I want to add as an authorized user. I occasionally send an employee to get supplies for my coffee shop/cafe and it would be handy for me to be able to have a card for an authorized user and set a limit that can be spent on that card. 🙂 Thanks.

Message 5 of 64
Super Seller Alumni

Square only allows one card per account unless you have multiple locations for your account.  You can obtain one card per location that's tied to your account.

Judy T Shumway
Message 6 of 64

So in a nutshell, myself and my brother are both account managers and our business is mobile. I do understand that you must have multiple locations to order more than one card but what is the case if the business is not linked to a specific address? Do you still only get one card? If so, I highly encourage Square to change this ASAP. Not efficient to only have access to a single card when both of us are on the move and separated from each other more often than not.

Thanks

Message 7 of 64
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @AZES! Thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community - so happy to have you!\

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a similar thread of Sellers also asking for more than one Square Card per business. 

You are correct in regards to your initial post. At this time, Merchants can only have one Square Card per location. A "location" in terms of Square doesn't necessarily mean an actual physical location, per se, but rather a designation of a portion of the business that requires to be kept isolated from the other in terms of reporting. 

As you can see, you are not the only one of our Sellers asking for multiple Square Cards. Our Product Teams are monitoring these threads to gauge interest going forward. We will be sure to update everyone here if and when this change is brought to fruition. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 64

Can I use more than one person on my account 

Message 9 of 64

I am trying to order another Square Debit Card for one of my business partners, but I can't seem to find anywhere to order a second. I already have one for myself. Is this even possible?

Message 10 of 64

Hey @hanleyblazier! Welcome to the Community.

I went ahead and merged your post with an existing thread where other sellers had the same question.

Check out the answers within this thread for more details!

Ashley C
Message 11 of 64

My wife has our card and I added it to my Google pay and use it as a contactless payment method with my phone so thats the way we can use it and getbaround the craziness with the square one card thing that needs changed.

Message 12 of 64

This^^

I am a co-owner, so the single card isn't ideal. Also, it would be nice in the future to be able to issue a team member a card for purchasing. I run a very busy restaurant and have a bar manager as well as a kitchen manager that each handles orders for their specific inventory. I am constantly having to lend them my card to use. It would be much more convenient to have a card issued to each of them that way we know who spent what and have a record of it. 

Message 13 of 64

I agree with this. At almost every large bank, owners can provide access to multiple employees - each with their own card. I'm am unsure why this issue is so difficult to address.

Message 14 of 64

is there a way to merge the balance for each location 

Message 15 of 64

Hey @LAQUITAD! Welcome to the Community.

There's not a way to merge the balances between cards either at this time.

Can you provide us with more details on how that'd be helpful for your business? It's good for our Product Teams to know. 

Ashley C
Message 16 of 64

well I ended up creating a new location during the walkthrough so now I have 2. I sent out an invoice from one not realizing it isnt the location that the card is linked to so now I have to jump through hoops to access that money @ashc 

Message 17 of 64

I am also having this issue. I do have 2 different types of business, 3 locations, and 1 me... I don't need to keep up with 3 cards, however I do need to keep track of them individually... so I ordered my card through one location, sent 2 invoices 1 through each of the others, realized only then that the balances didn't merge anywhere... looking forward to a solution to this soon... 

Message 18 of 64

In a multi-location scenario like you’ve described, what would be involved in transferring funds from Location A to Location B?

Message 19 of 64

Hello I'm new to Square. Can I get another debit card for the other business owner?

Message 20 of 64
Alumni

This isn't possible at this time, @d29productions.

@puka explains this in a bit more detail here in the Best Answer on this thread.

Valentina
Message 21 of 64