x
Beta Member

Square Feature Request - Virtual Terminal

Sorry for my bluntness but I find it crazy that the VT was released WITHOUT being able to choose items from the products list and manage taxes just like the invoices or register do. 

I use invoices and the register a lot but was intrigued about the VT and getting booking deposits over the phone. Alas I was totally let down to see that I can't access my predefined products list and have to calculate taxes manually!

Please, I beg of you, get this feature flushed out to work in cooperation with all the other parts of Square. This just feels completely disconnected and separate from the rest of it and shouldn't have been released until it was fully flushed out.

I am also totally shocked that this feature STILL hasn't been updated 7 months since this thread was posted and over a year since the VT was released!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Yes I hope this can be implemented soon. I don't understand the purpose of the virtual terminal without being able to choose items or invoices to pay. I have customers who want to pay over the phone and I would like to use the virtual terminal but without any integration to my item library it's useless. Please make this a feature.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

@Setherson03

You are able to take payment for invoices on the virtual terminal. But it is by total.

Since the bulk of payment functions are meant to be within the App platform, the Virtual Terminal does give you the ability to take the a full payment but not calculate items and tax. All of that is App based. 

As a work around, you can create an itemized invoice, while taking information over the phone. This will allow you to calculate the order by item, and add applicable taxes. If you select "manually share invoice," it will not email your customer the link to pay. You can then take the payment in Virtual Terminal and mark as paid through VT.

I definitely hear that this is a useful update and will pass it to our Virtual Terminal team as a Feature Request. A little bit about our Feature Request process is available here

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 3 of 3