x
Beta Member

Square Invoice notifications

Hi @Helen, We use Square invoice.  The invoices are sent out by the store managers/employees, but they do not get notified on email or receipt of payment.

Could we add ability to additional folks to Square invoice notifications, similiar to Customer feedback?  It would be nice to have similiar ability to customize notifications on refunds.  We want shift or store managers to keep track of refunds.  

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LSPA

Stepping in for Helen here since she's out of office.

I can see how this would be a useful feature so I'll let the Product team know.

At the time, there's not a way for notifications to send anywhere other than the account email but i'll pass this feedback forward. 

You may want to set your store managers up with Dashboard access to view these reports online. You can set them up with their own access via Team Management. You can set up one universal login for all of them under the free option as long as you don't need individual sales reports for each of them. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Thanks @ashc.  The store/shift managers do have access to the dashboard in order to send invoices to the customers.  They spend less than 10% of their time in the office on admin work.  Hence email notifications would be a helpful feature for them.   Currently, I have to remember to forward them invoice update emails.  

Message 3 of 11

@LSPA Ah okay- I see.

Yeah unfortunately the only other thing you could do would be to update the email address on the account to one of theirs so they receive it first instead but if there's multiple, someone is still going to have to forward them to someone else.

I let the team know you're looking for this feature nonetheless.

Ashley C
Message 4 of 11

I'd like to support this possible feature, too.

It would be very helpful for out business to be able to select who is receiving email notifications re: invoices being created, paid, etc.

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

I see new updates rolling out.  Any update on adding other employees to the invoice notification, e.g., Store Manager, etc.? This will enhance usability of Invoice.  This request is from September 2019. @ashc 

Message 6 of 11

@LSPA We provide updates on existing threads as they become available so no updates to give at this time. 😔

Ashley C
Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

Great! So this item is on the product development roadmap?

Message 8 of 11

Not that I've heard of @LSPA

It's being tracked here for requests but not on the roadmap. We'll update the thread if it ever becomes considered or is available.

I'd recommend joining our Beta Community to see when features are being tested or considered too.

Ashley C
Message 9 of 11

Hi!

Just checking in about this. For our business, we have added employees with Administrator privileges but those employees still aren't getting any email notifications about invoices or contracts. Looking on this link: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6105-manage-your-square-invoices under "Edit Your Notification Settings" it says "Note: All settings modified from your online Square Dashboard will also be reflected in your mobile devices. Only accounts with Owner and Administrator level permissions will receive email and push notifications." Is there something specific that we have to do or was this mistakenly put on there?

Message 10 of 11
Alumni

@edwardto13 - hmm, admin should definitely be able to receive notifications. Have they checked spam or any inbox filters. If notifications aren't found there, reach out to our CS Team so they comb through your settings. 

Justin
Message 11 of 11