x

Square Loans Declined

I had a loan with Square. 61% paid off. They offered me a further loan of 21k.

This was declined when i applied. Due a business associated with my business owing Square £2790. This has been paid off now, the loan has been paid off too.

However I am still not eligible because my previous loan application was denied. Can anyone help, how long does this affect you for?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Owenowbar!

I see this is your first post, so welcome to the community!

While it’s difficult to predict when your business might be eligible for another loan, please be assured that having a loan application denied does not prevent you from becoming eligible for a loan with Square in the future.

Every application is considered on a case-by-case basis, and eligibility is routinely reviewed. These reviews are automated, and you’ll be notified through your Square Dashboard and via email if you’re eligible for another offer.

The best advice while you wait for any potential offer is to continue processing with Square as normal, avoid chargebacks, and be mindful of having available funds in your linked bank account to support refunds and avoid failed debits.

For more information on declines and future eligibility, feel free to check out this support article

Message 2 of 4

Thank you. I am processing around 7k per week. Everything is green apart from the prior loan application. 

Approximately how long does a declined offer affect you for please?

I just want to get some new works done and improve my business

Message 3 of 4
Admin

That's fair @Owenowbar, and we want to be able to support this. 

Unfortunately, we don't have any insight into this process here in the Community and these decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, so we don't have timelines that we can share. 

I did notice that you have an account manager, so I have sent them a quick message just so that they are aware of your case. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 4