x

Square Merchant Directory

Where can I find a web-based search engine that allows users to find Square Up merchants and restaurants based on location?

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

I'm reaching out to follow up with some updates related to this request — we recently launched a directory feature which highlights Square eGift Card sellers: Give and Get Local.

For more details, have a look at this announcement: A new way for customers to find and support eGift Card sellers.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on improving ways for sellers to connect with their customers.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Hi @BOLDTechCo, welcome to the Community. We don't currently have a global search for Square sellers, but I agree that would be useful! Was there something in particular you were looking for? 

Message 2 of 24
Developer

Hey Spenser,

Is there a way at all to find a list of restaurants/businesses that are using square at all? I have built an app that integrates with square that I wanted to be able to offer these businesses in my area but do not know where to start.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 24
Square

No, I'm afraid not, @caferaik. This isn't currently a feature were developing but we'll update you here if that changes in the future. 

Message 4 of 24

Have you made any progress on this feature? I am interested in it. 

Message 5 of 24
Alumni

Hey there @marothstein

I don't have any updates on this feature, but I will be sure to let our Product Team know that you too are looking for it. 😎

Message 6 of 24

I would really like to see this feature added (or brought back - I read an article on TechCrunch from 2012 where Square had launched something called Square Directory, so it sounds like Square might have had it at one time).  I'm coming from Schedulicity, a service similiar to Square Appointments, but they include a merchant directory that I found very useful for my business growth!

Message 7 of 24
Alumni

Hi @marcusshetter - Thanks for adding this request! Though we don't currently have a customer director to insure customer privacy, the Seller Community is a great way to connect with similar businesses. Are there specific types of businesses or location based folks you are looking to connect with? Maybe some people who have similarities can chime in!

Message 8 of 24

Hello--What happened to the Square Directory referenced by the other poster? (There is no "privacy" issue as we're talking about merchants, not their customers.) Etsy has one, so what happened to Square's?

Here's the article again: https://techcrunch.com/2012/10/03/square-launches-a-merchant-directory-to-help-customers-discover-ne...

Thanks!

Best,

Mike

Message 9 of 24
Admin

@bruhed Thanks for sharing your interest in bringing back a directory (blast from the past)! I definitely see how it would be useful to have a directory that sellers could opt in to, and I'll share your feedback with the appropriate teams here. 

Are there any other similiar directories that you find useful or drive traffic to your business? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 24

With the Advent of Square Card, it would be useful to have a map feature with a listing of places that use Square as their pos. That way we could focus our spending on other members of the square community.

Message 11 of 24

I think you should know that someone is trying to develop what you let go of years ago, complete with payment system. I remembered the Square Directory, and though I thought it wasn't very popular, if you guys had pushed it more, perhaps it would be a useful app now. Check out this company Treat Vendor, a potential competitor for Square. I'm not going to join them because I am thrilled with how Square works as a payment solution (and helps me incredibly with organizing my business as a food maker/retailer). Please consider bringing the directory feature back!

https://www.treatvendor.com/

Message 12 of 24

I have someone who may have charged something on a company card incorrectly.  I am trying to contact the seller directly to verify what the purchases were. Is there anyway i can get information on the business by the receipt provided? The number of the busienss listed on the square receipt is no longer in service. 

Message 13 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jordanhelpful20,

Good to see you posting in the Seller Community for the first time welcome!

Just as a heads up, when posting in this public forum, we recommend not including any personal information within the thread such as emails. I went ahead and redacted this from your post.  

Just for clarity, when you refer to the Seller, and wanting to verify purchases, are you the one who purchased through this merchant? 

With regards to locating information about the business itself based off the receipt, essentially whatever information that is on the receipt is what the business chose to share. 

If it was you who made the purchase, you can always see if they have a website with a contact form or perhaps google the business to see if any information has been changed. When there are any discrepancies with purchases or transactions, we always recommend filing a dispute with the card issuing bank. 

I hope I was able to provide some insight. I am looking forward to reading your response so we can possibly dig in further!   

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 24
Admin

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

I'm reaching out to follow up with some updates related to this request — we recently launched a directory feature which highlights Square eGift Card sellers: Give and Get Local.

For more details, have a look at this announcement: A new way for customers to find and support eGift Card sellers.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on improving ways for sellers to connect with their customers.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 15 of 24

How do I get my business listed? Sell e-cards and I’m not listed. 

Message 16 of 24
Super Seller

How do I get my business listed?  The toggle is on and I have gift cards in store.  

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 17 of 24
Alumni

Only businesses that have a Square account and offer eGift Cards through Square will be automatically included in the Give and Get Local Directory - are you offering eGift Cards @JUYBoutique20?

You can learn more about this here!

Valentina
Message 18 of 24
Super Seller

Yes

Jacqueline
Message 19 of 24
Alumni

Our Support team would be able to look into this with you, @JUYBoutique20.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 20 of 24
Super Seller

Thanks so much.

Jacqueline
Message 21 of 24