x

Square Merchant Directory

Where can I find a web-based search engine that allows users to find Square Up merchants and restaurants based on location?

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

I'm reaching out to follow up with some updates related to this request — we recently launched a directory feature which highlights Square eGift Card sellers: Give and Get Local.

For more details, have a look at this announcement: A new way for customers to find and support eGift Card sellers.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on improving ways for sellers to connect with their customers.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

I think this okay, but a rather tone-deaf response to the quantity limit feature we really need right now instead. I have customers trying to hoard yeast and take all my inventory in one sale. It's embarrassing and time consuming for me to have to go back to them and say no, and either cancel the sale or refund them the overage quantity I don't want them to buy. This is a feature that has been asked for for over two years.

Message 22 of 24
Alumni

Hi @ArtisanCandies - I can assure you that we've taken the interest in a feature that would provide the ability to limit the quantity of a certain item able to be purchased, and have bubbled that on up to our product team. We've heard a lot of interest in this feature recently, and will be sure to update this thread when we have news to share - subscribe to this thread to receive a notification when an update is posted!

All of our teams are hard at work right now implementing new features and tools that will help businesses through these times, like the pickup and delivery features. Thanks for your patience as we work behind-the-scenes to tweak the new features we've implemented.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 24
Admin

Hey @ArtisanCandies, thank you for holding us accountable and for sharing why the quantity limit is so important for your business. I'm really sorry to hear about the resulting time consuming and awkward interactions that could be avoided. I wasn't able to get specifics on when a setting like that could be implemented, but I will certainly tag you as soon as anything comes through that would help. In the meantime, you can also subscribe to the thread that @Valentina mentioned for more updates on that discussion.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 24 of 24