x
Alumni

Square Online Q&A: How can we help grow your online orders?

Are you in the food & beverage business and looking to increase online orders, to expand your marketing reach, or are you just getting started with your website? You've come to the right place.

The Square Online team wants to ensure that your business is set for success for this year's holiday shopping season. Whether you’re just starting your online ordering page or if you’ve had one up and running for a while, we want to know how we can help.

Ani__0-1665598841033.jpeg

How to participate: Let us know what's most important for growing your online orders and why it matters:

• Menu Optimization: Set up your menu to drive the most checkout conversions.
  • Email Marketing: Reach your customers with updates and promotions.
  • Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Ensure that customers can find you online.
  • Social Media: Stay connected and grow your reach.
  • On-Site Marketing: Raise awareness about online ordering at your restaurant.

When: Post your questions to this thread and check back with us on Wednesday, October 26 as their team responds. 

A few example questions:

• How does Square Online help restaurant sellers to maximize order sales?
  • I created my Square Online ordering page but what are some ways that I can let people know about it?
  • How can I get the word out to my customers about online ordering? 
  • If I want to make sure that more customers who visit my online ordering page complete an order, what are some things I can do to optimize my menu?

Note: Although we can't share specific details on our product roadmaps, this information will be helpful as we continue to make improvements.

Click Reply below to leave your questions ahead of time, and we’ll address as many posts as we can on Wednesday, October 26.👇

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

If I want to make sure that more customers who visit my online ordering page complete an order, what are some things I can do to optimize my menu?

Message 2 of 3
Square

Hi @DALAS, thanks for bringing this up and sorry for the delayed response!

This is a question! We recommend that you add pictures to your menu items to drive additional interest. It’s one thing to read about a hamburger, and another to see a mouthwatering picture of one firsthand. We also recommend adding a “Favorites” or “Most Popular” column as the first category in your menu to help drive orders from people who have a difficult time deciding what to order and who want to know what your most popular menu items are. The same approach could be done with seasonal items or specials to drive urgency for visitors who are thinking of just browsing and coming back later (example here). You should also add a Cart Abandonment Email if you don’t have one active yet. Last thing — if you haven’t yet, add item descriptions! Don’t just have the item name listed; descriptions are a way to build interest and turn a product into something that your customers crave.

Message 3 of 3