x
Beta Member

Square POS Crashes & Reboots when editing options

Affected Systems We Tested:

• Square POS on Android 10 Tablet
  • Square Register
  • Square Terminal
  • (did not test this on iPad if someone else can post results on iPad please do)

Symptoms:

App will crash and reboot POS

How to replicate crash:

• create an item
  • add multiple options to item
  • double tap or click on option to edit SKU,Stock Amount,Price

After you double tap or click on the option to edit it the system will crash and reboot.  Note if you do a single tap or click it does not crash. But it quite natural to double click or tap to open a window in any OS or App so this occurred alot for us.  Hopefully its something that can be fixed soon in an update.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @GContinuum !! Thanks for surfacing. If you haven't already, reach out to our Support Team so our Engineers can run a diagnostics report. Keep us updated on the progress in case other Sellers experience the same issue.  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Got new update for Square Register, Terminal & Android OS App on tablet.  The crash still occurs but after update it takes like 2 seconds before it crashes and restarts its not an instant crash now.  But overall it sill crashes and reboots square pos as if we just turned it on.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Yikes, did you reach out to the CS Hardware Team already? @GContinuum

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

yes then i was referred to community.  So I've been using community to update Square and keep track of the issue.  Mostly because from what I can tell Square has no issue tracker like github or zendesk etc.  So I was lead to believe the community is the next best thing from others i've talked to in Square.  If there's a different please please let me know.

Here's a quick update a I've recently received two updates

Terminal Version 4.35.0059 the issue seems to be random now.  At times it will not crash while at others times it will.

Android Tablet version still crashes every when a double tap/click is done.

Square Register I haven't checked yet I will later today or tomorrow.

Message 5 of 5