x
Super Seller

Square POS outstanding performance today.

Just thought I'd drop a note on the positives of Square POS as usually all we are here for is when there are issues even though 99.99% of the time it is all working great.  Today was our busiest day of the year and Square POS powered thru it like it was nothing.  Over 500 transactions, many with 3 and 4 transactions a minute during the main rush, and Square POS kept us going strong for 12 hours.  running on 2 iPads in Square stands and on 2 iPad mini's in L7 cases for portable cashing.  The Square chip reader is outstanding.  I don't understand how it does it so fast it is like a blink of the eye, especially if you hit the charge button as you are telling them their total.  Then it literally only takes less than one second before it beeps to take the card out.  everyone is always like how is that so fast when it takes 45 seconds to do a chip card transaction at Walmart.  returns, exchanges, refunds, split payments, and everything went off without issue

So even though I still have a few issues and wants in Square POS it really stood up to the test today.  Thank you @Square for getting us this awesome program that keeps getting better. Thanks, @katieand@Tom@Helen@Chad@puka@Kpay, @EJ_, and whoever else I'm missing from here and to the programming team keeping Square POS held together and evolving.

Thanks

Bob Van Kalker

#QtyBasedDiscountSoon

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

I can't agree more, @VanKalkerFarms.  We had what I'm pretty sure was our busiest and best sales day ever today.  While there was occasionally a short line at check-out (we only have one Register unit), it wasn't due to card approval times.  Customers are always surprised when we say they can take their card out so quickly.  The longest part of our check-out process is due to not having the ability to enter decimal quantities, and that will be solved for us very soon!

Like you, while I don't find Square perfect (but then, who is?), they're way ahead of anyone else, IMO.  I'll second your thanks to their great support staff.  Although we've only been using Square as our main processor for a relatively short time - about 8 months - I've never once regretted moving to them.

Thanks to everyone @Square!  Just keep doing what you're doing.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 9
Admin

😊 Hooray for busy days! Thank you @VanKalkerFarms and @GlassJudy and all the Super Sellers and the other people who take time out of your busy businesses to help others here in the Community!

We appreciate you all! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Congrats @VanKalkerFarms! Glad to hear that POS was helping you bust that line. Any other line busting tips?  

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

@Helen Slightly related.  While the actual approval (one green dot to 4 green dots) is really fast, I have the problem when the tablet is asleep for a while sometimes it takes quite a while to reconnect.  It is better than it used to be in the sense that it usually reconnects without restarting the app or pressing the little button on the reader but sometimes it takes long enough to be awkward.  Is there anything I can change or do?  Samsung Tab if that helps.

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hmm that's odd @cmusicshop. About how long is your device asleep for when this happens? You could try deleting and reinstalling the app and you could try restarting the reader too - those usually fix any glitches. This article has troubleshooting steps for connection issues as well as the steps to restart the reader

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

It might be asleep for an hour or so.  I'm guessing the bluetooth let's go.  If nothing works I'll restart the app and usually that does it or in rarer cases reconnect the reader but as you can guess both are not ideal during a sale.

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Agreed, that's definitely not ideal. If you can try the troubleshooting steps I shared they might help - but if it keeps happening I'd actually recommend calling our team so they make sure you've covered all the bases, and when you call well be able to open a ticket with our engineering team too if needed! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Gotta love it when everything works smoothly!
Congrats on the super busy day, @VanKalkerFarms !

We're just on the cusp of warm weather and Ice Cream season here, so many more busy days for all of us are on the way!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 9 of 9