x

Square Register: Can't save partial payments

The title of this thread has been updated from: "I want save the ticket with partial payment."

Hello,

I have the New POS Square.

I have several problem :

1- I can not save the ticket with a partial payment, and re-open this ticket an other day,,,

2- When I tried to split the payment , I must to use the cash in first, If I used the credit card : doesn't work.

3- The customer does'nt have time to pick the receipt : EMAIL or TEXT . it's to fast, I have to re-open the ticket and enter the phone number or the email by myself.

4- When I have to create a invoice, the POS restart before to exit to the apps.

5- The POS disconect many time from the Internet, I tought was my internet but we make an investigation, the internate works perfectly. So several transaction stay "off line" but other work, it's no sense , why the POS disconnect and when it's connect that transaction don't come automaticly...

6- This is a little manipulation problem, when the customer have to fill out his information, the button "DONE" is to easy to push, so the customer doesn't finish, have to puch "NEXT" but puch "DONE" : 9 customers to 10...

Conclusion : I bought $999 for that POS, I pay a lot of fee (make $50k a month), and this transaction have more problem than my POS I had before (The clover)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

HI @2THEDEALS,

Thank you for reaching out to the seller community and I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering recently.

I went to check on this and it looks like you were able to get in touch with a team member by the time we got to your post here. Hopefully, they were able to help sort this out. At this time, we aren't able to offer the ability to accept partial payments. For more details on accepting payments with Square Register, have a look here: Accept Payments on your Square Register.

Regarding the internet and connection issues, this should help clear things up: General Troubleshooting.

If you're still encountering trouble after giving those tips a try, please get in touch with our Support Team and they'll take a deeper dive into your account.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2