x

Square Register, Fresh KDS and router settings

I have spoken to both Square and Fresh KDS about this, but no one has been able to help me. So I'm hoping someone else has found success with this: 

I run a setup w/ multiple Square Registers, as well as a Square on iPad for order-taking only, and three Fresh KDS iPads. Lately, my Square pieces are losing track of the KDS iPads. This is all taking place on my password-protected, internal Wi-Fi network. (No, I cannot connect all this stuff via ethernet.) When this problem occurs, it grinds my operation to a halt, and no amount of restarting, resetting or reconfiguring helps. 

However, if I switch all the equipment over to my free, unsecured guest Wi-Fi network, all the problems go away, and everything starts playing nice again. 

Obviously I don't want all my financial transactions going through an unsecured public network! But I do want this stuff to just work. Has anyone else a.) observed this problem or similar, and/or b.) know what settings within my private network would give Square a problem finding the Fresh KDS "printers"? 

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0