x
Beta Member

Square Register Online Order not printing ticket stub

The Square Register used to print order ticket and ticket stub, but since last week, when new order comes In, it only prints the order.  Is there any way to make Square Register print the ticket stub again?    In my hardware setting, the order ticket stubs is turned on but I still don’t get any ticket stubs for my online orders.

Thanks

Chris

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@Chrishawaii3619 Thanks for giving me insight into how run your biz. I see why a second slip is convenient. I'm not sure if this limitation was an oversight or intentional. Nonetheless, I tagged your post as a feature request so our Product Team has context behind why you need this functionality. 

Sorry online orders ticket printing doesn't behave the same as in-person ticket printing. Hopefully we have good news to share soon. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

@Chrishawaii3619 - Looks like an order ticket stub only prints for in-person orders. If you notice within the app printer station settings > Order ticket stubs, you'll see the message:

Order ticket stubs only print after an in-person order ticket is printed 

Is the online order print out not sufficient enough? 

Justin
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Hi @JustinC 

Thank you for the information.  The online order ticket stub is convenient to us.  When online order comes in, we tape the order ticket on the take out bag and place the ticket stub on the ticket holder.  We are a smoothie shop, so all the take out orders are put in the freezer waiting for pickup.  When a customer comes in to pick up the order, we can tell what his order is by checking at the ticket holder near the counter.  We also have BiteSquad, Doordash and Grubhub delivery service, the ticket stub is very important for us to differentiate each order.  For our store, in-person order and online order both needs ticket stub.  If there is no way to print ticket stub for online orders, then we have to reprint the order ticket.  One for the take out bag and one for the ticket holder.  I  hope the feature can be reinstated.  It will make our job easier.

Thank you 

Chris

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

@Chrishawaii3619 Thanks for giving me insight into how run your biz. I see why a second slip is convenient. I'm not sure if this limitation was an oversight or intentional. Nonetheless, I tagged your post as a feature request so our Product Team has context behind why you need this functionality. 

Sorry online orders ticket printing doesn't behave the same as in-person ticket printing. Hopefully we have good news to share soon. 

Justin
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

@JustinC 

Thank you for your help!  The ticket stub print function for online store is backnow.

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

for my restaurants, the not one copy on either of my printers automatically print out the online orders. I have it clicked on to do so and nothing. 

Message 6 of 10

running into the same issue. I was able to print both stub and order with online ordering, but now I can't. Anyone can help?

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ngonnui,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue with your ticket stubs. I hope you have gotten this resolved. If not, can you please try the steps found here by Isabelle? 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 10

Hey Sayra, my issue is that when online orders come in. I only get the order ticket printed but there’s no receipt printed. I need both the order ticket and receipt printed automatically for my restaurant online ordering. 

the link you sent doesn’t address this issue. 

the only work around is go to Transaction and press New receipt to manually print receipt for the order, it used to print both receipt and order items at the same time.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ngonnui,

Have you taken a look here for some printer troubleshooting steps?. Feel free to give us a call when time permits. We'd love to walk you through additional troubleshooting steps if the article doesn’t help. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 10