x
Beta Member

Square Register Thoughts

Here are  my thoughts on the new register so far.

Right now, it's not worth the price tag. I think, in the future, it will be worth that price tag.  At this moment, it's a stripped down Android device in a very beautiful case. I had been using the ipad/square stand setup until now and right off the bat I lost the ability to print online orders and reprint order tickets. These are both functions that we utilize quite a bit. Now I have to use a really clunky workaround of just printing a receipt.  I posted about this issue a few days ago and just today got a response back from Square that the remote order printing is not going to happen for quite a while and the reprinting of order tickets may happen in a release in the future.
Customers are impressed with the prettiness of the new register and think it looks very fancy. I like the customer facing display. My employees really like the customer facing display, because tips have increased about 3 fold.

I have no patience on waiting for new technology, that's why I ordered this register not long after the option was there to order it. I tried to get Square to give me a deal on the new register (I run a few hundred transactions through their machines every week), I thought maybe they could cut me a deal. Nope.

If I could have a do-over, I would've waited at least 6 months before getting this thing. It's just not anything fabulous yet. It seems to be an Android based register/tablet, without the ability to use it as a tablet.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Replying to this old topic... I would have to agree, paying for a premium product I would expect pretty much the same and MORE than what square retail does. Sure it looks good... 

Message 22 of 22