x
Beta Member

Square Register Touchscreen Responsiveness Lag

Hey folks,

Just wondering how many of you are using Square Register with Retail / or Restaurants and experiencing touchscreen responsiveness delays ?

ie: Delays of up to 5-10 seconds after sale > back to item grid > menu items display

and Delays up to 3-5 seconds after pressing an item button > waiting for item to add to cart

We first experienced this issue immediately after an update. 
A week later a new update appeared ( apparently) and the issue was gone.

Now two weeks later the same issue coming up again. ( not sure if update occurred)

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AnswerS33k3r,

Thanks for writing back into the community and sorry to hear about the trouble with your Square Register! 

Please check if there's any outstanding updates on your Square Register by following these steps:

1. Tap the down arrow at the top of your Register.

2. Select Settings.

3. Tap Hardware > General > About Register.

4. Tap Software Update. If there is no update, your software is up to date.

Next, it might also be worth checking your time zone settings, especially if you're in an area where daylight savings have just gone into effect. Go to Settings > scroll down to General and take a look at your time zone. 

Please let us know how you go ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi Arie,

Register is up to date ( at least there is no new update available)

Seems like this issue is tied in with the present status update in this forum from square re performance issues.

Hopefully this is resolved quickly.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@AnswerS33k3r Yep, I'd say this is related to the issue we've reported via issquareup.com - our engineering team is working to get a fix out ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

I have the same issue, very slow response rather than Ipad ( lagging never happened).

I have tried to update or improve the internet but still the same, sometimes more lagging. Are there many items added lead to slow response? 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Jacob12,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble with your Square Register. We're currently experiencing some issues with the Square Register, that would likely be the cause here if you've already followed the troubleshooting steps above. Our team is currently testing a fix for this, and we're sharing updates here. Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ‘‹ ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 6 of 6