x

Square Register and Loyalty

Does Square Register customer facing display allow customers to input their own phone number in to redeem loyalty rewards?

If so, would the rewards that are available be visible on the customer facing side?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hello @HeyItsCandy

Yes- the customer facing display on the Register allows customers to input their own phone numbers for Loyalty. And also, yes again- the rewards and points show on their side so they can see where they're at Loyalty-wise.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 15

Do you know if this works on the customer facing display on the Register when you are running Square for Restaurants, which we are, and not Square POS. If I change over to Square POS I do see these things, but they do not appear when we have Square for Restaurants open in the register. I would truly LOVE if it would work, if you can tell me how to make it work.

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Hey @bekind!

The Square Loyalty points will show on the Square Restaurants software, even with the Square Register. These instructions should help:

• Tap the switcher at the top of your Register.
  • Press Settings > Loyalty.
  • Toggle off the Customer check in on customer display option

Let me know if not! 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 15

With the Square for Restaurants running on the register there is no Loyalty in the Settings. It doesn’t show up. If I run Square POS instead I can see it and manage it. But that’s not possible on Restaurants because the Loyalty section is missing in the settings. If there’s a way to show it please tell me. I would really like the ability to manage it. 

Message 5 of 15
Admin

I confirmed with the Square Loyalty and Square Register team that this is possible. Would you mind giving us a call @bekind

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 15

Will do. Thank you.

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

We were having the same issue over the weekend, after switching to Square for Restaurants. I will try the steps above when we're in the shop tomorrow.  Does the reward selection screen show on the customer facing screen with Square for Restaurants as well?  

Message 8 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @dutchmonkey it should definitely show on the customer facing screen if you follow Isabelle's steps above. Let me know if they work after you try them tomorrow and thanks for posting!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 15

Hi Ashley,

We are having the same issue, there is no Loyalty option in Square for Restaurants settings. The only way is for the cashier to add the phone number during the order, or for the customer to click "Sign Up" after the receipt is printed. This is a little counter intuitive (it confuses customers when they already have loyalty accounts) and it leads to a lot of duplicate accounts. 

Is there a way for the customer to enter their own phone number before or during the order? This article says this feature is not available on Square for Restaurants, but your comments above say otherwise. 

Message 10 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @OpenDoorTea 👋

At this time Buyer Check-in is a Feature Request under Square for Restaurants. Our team is working hard on making this possible and we hope that this new year this option because available on all platforms.

Thank you for your patience I will make sure to pass your experience and feedback over to the product team for their visibility.

JJ
Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

Did this ever get fixed?  We still cannot make the Check-In button appear on the customer display.  How can the customers redeem their Stars on Square for Restaurants?

Message 12 of 15

It seems that the “sign up” button is what they have to hit, even if they are already signed up and just want to “sign in” to redeem points. That’s how we have learned to explain it. The Sign Up button on the customer display then asks for their phone number and recognizes they are in the system. It’s unfortunate it isn’t clearer on the Register/Customer Display combo, especially for paid subscriptions.

Message 13 of 15

We use Square for Restaurants and cannot find a way to let the customer use the customer display to input their phone number. Please advise on the proper settings to make that happen.

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

The option for customers to opt into your Loyalty program appears after the receipt screen. Are you not seeing that screen? 

@bekind

Justin
Message 15 of 15