x
Beta Member

Square Register in Australia

Hello i was wondering if anyone had an ETA on the arrival on the Squre Register to Australia, the last thread i can find is from 2018, but no news since, will it come in 2020 or 2021? thanks a lot.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Thomas93,

We've been busy bringing a few different things to Australia over the last couple years, but rest assured we've not forgotten about Register!

I don't have an ETA to share, but hopefully at some point in 2021!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Just wondering if you had anymore update on the register being launched in Australia, and would one bought in America work in Australia, and if not what would be the reason? Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @Thomas93,

While I don't have any info to share about when we're launching Register in Australia, it's in the works! I can say it's probably not going to be in 2020, however if you follow our Product Updates board we post there for product updates and launches.

An American Register won't work in Australia because it's not certified as a payment processing device to Australian standards, which is a regulatory compliance process Register would need to go through to launch in Australia.

As much as we love sellers such as yourself who are enthusiastic to try our new hardware, I don't recommend importing! We don't make our US Register available for sale to Australians, though I have heard a couple of stories of this occurring via 3rd party international mail forwarding services, and it's never ended well. We don't want you to have to go through the pain of ordering an expensive piece of hardware that you'll need to end up returning internationally because it won't work ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 5
Admin

@Thomas93 Register is available now ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 5