x
Admin

Square Reporting: How to view fees from sales processed with Square and prepare for tax season

We want to make sure you’re prepared for tax season (although the deadlines to file have been extended) and that you can find the information you need from your Square reports at this busy time of year. 

Let’s get started:

Where can I view my fees from sales I processed with Square?

You can calculate your year-end sales report (including fee information) from the Sales Summary section of your online Square Dashboard. If you are working with a tax professional they may need this information to complete your tax forms.

You can edit the date range of your Sales Summary to view a report of your sales from last year: click on the date in the top left to make changes. To save the report, click Export in the upper right to download a CSV file to your computer. 

For information about Advanced Reporting head to our Support Centre.

FeeReport.gif

Can I change the date of a transaction? 

No, at this time it’s not possible to change the date (or the amount) of a transaction you’ve already accepted with Square.

Can I record a transaction for a sale that I made last year? 

No. If you record a payment today the transaction will be recorded with today’s date.

How do I include my Business Number on a receipt or Invoice? 

Your Business Number is the first nine digits of your GST/HST Number and can be displayed on digital receipts and Square Invoices. Read more about tax ID disclosure requirements in our Support Centre.

What is a Business Number? 

In Canada, certain businesses are required to register for a Business Number. To learn more or to register visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.

If you have any questions let us know. Keep in mind we can answer general questions here in the Seller Community but for tax advice you'll need to contact a tax professional.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

We want to make sure you’re prepared for tax season and that you can find the information you need from your Square reports at this busy time of year. Review this post to learn how to view fees from sales processed with Square and prepare for tax season!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

We want to make sure you’re prepared for tax season and that you can find the information you need from your Square reports at this busy time of year. Review this post to learn how to view fees from sales processed with Square and prepare for tax season!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 2